The Student Room Group

Sprint-phobia

I have PE tomorrow, and it's sprinting. I've always hated PE, but I've never skived off or anything. I usually just stay in the background, and kick the ball if it comes near me. However, I hate running, or doing any type of physical activity in front of other people. The way I run is really weird, because my feet are kind of turned inwards, and nobody makes fun of me. I mean, they joke about it, because I never usually run in class, so it's unusual to see me doing it... like last week, I ran a lap for rounders (i find it really humiliating). But the thing is, although people know I hate PE, they don't feel bad about making jokes, because on the whole, I act like I don't care, when inside I'm continuously dying.

I really want to get out of this lesson, just a one-off, but I don't want to skive. Has anyone got any good excuses except fake notes and skiving off?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have PE tomorrow, and it's sprinting. I've always hated PE, but I've never skived off or anything. I usually just stay in the background, and kick the ball if it comes near me. However, I hate running, or doing any type of physical activity in front of other people. The way I run is really weird, because my feet are kind of turned inwards, and nobody makes fun of me. I mean, they joke about it, because I never usually run in class, so it's unusual to see me doing it... like last week, I ran a lap for rounders (i find it really humiliating). But the thing is, although people know I hate PE, they don't feel bad about making jokes, because on the whole, I act like I don't care, when inside I'm continuously dying.

I really want to get out of this lesson, just a one-off, but I don't want to skive. Has anyone got any good excuses except fake notes and skiving off?

Just make out you don't feel well or don't take your pe kit with you 😉

If ur a girl say you have cramps
Reply 3
Well nobody really looks great sprinting back and forth drenched in sweat, at least I definetly dont. If its more comfortable and natural to run like that for you then its not something to be ashamed of. Rather than skipping you should tell people that you dont appreciate their comments. If they're just joking about it then they probably dont mean to be upsetting you, Im sure they'd stop if they realized they unintentionally were.
Reply 4
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
If ur a girl say you have cramps

That's what I'm thinking of doing, but I'd probably be too scared of the awkwardness to actually say it.
Reply 5
Original post by Foxehh
Well nobody really looks great sprinting back and forth drenched in sweat, at least I definetly dont. If its more comfortable and natural to run like that for you then its not something to be ashamed of. Rather than skipping you should tell people that you dont appreciate their comments. If they're just joking about it then they probably dont mean to be upsetting you, Im sure they'd stop if they realized they unintentionally were.

They are just joking, so I don't want to be too sensitive, so I just ignore it, but that's only one of the reasons I hate running. I really need an excuse to get out of it.
That's what I'm thinking of doing, but I'd probably be too scared of the awkwardness to actually say it.

Maybe write a note then or just say you have cramps and they will understand
Reply 7
Maybe write a note then or just say you have cramps and they will understand

but if they call my parents to confirm, it'll be so awkward - they've done it to other students, and i'm sure i won't be the only one with a fake note tomorrow if i bring one in, most people in my form hate sprinting.
Reply 8
They are just joking, so I don't want to be too sensitive, so I just ignore it, but that's only one of the reasons I hate running. I really need an excuse to get out of it.

It doesnt sound like you're able to 'just ignore it' if its making you hate exercise and participating in class. You cant find excuses to sit out forever.
Reply 9
I'm the opposite, I liked PE, expect for cross country or general gymnastics. You can bring a note pretending as if your parents wrote it saying that you've pulled a muscle or something.
but if they call my parents to confirm, it'll be so awkward - they've done it to other students, and i'm sure i won't be the only one with a fake note tomorrow if i bring one in, most people in my form hate sprinting.

Oh they do that? Couldn’t you explain ur situation to ur parents so if they call they will agree?
Oh they do that? Couldn’t you explain ur situation to ur parents so if they call they will agree?

i guess so; i want to ask, but then if they dont agree theyll get suspicious, so idk. they want me to be more active and stuff.
Original post by 123kjr456
Just make out you don't feel well or don't take your pe kit with you 😉

yeah i could try that.
thanks!
i guess so; i want to ask, but then if they dont agree theyll get suspicious, so idk. they want me to be more active and stuff.

Hmmm try and ask I’m sure they will understand ur POV
Good luck! :smile:
Hmmm try and ask I’m sure they will understand ur POV
Good luck! :smile:

thanks, ill try!
thanks, ill try!

How did it go :smile:
How did it go :smile:

I got a period note, so I was let off, but I have the worst luck ever...
today we did javelin as the track lines had faded, which I actually don't mind, and we're doing sprint next week, if they manage to draw the lines back on, so I guess I'll go for registration and hide in the toilets for a good 20 mins. worth a try i guess... :redface:
I got a period note, so I was let off, but I have the worst luck ever...
today we did javelin as the track lines had faded, which I actually don't mind, and we're doing sprint next week, if they manage to draw the lines back on, so I guess I'll go for registration and hide in the toilets for a good 20 mins. worth a try i guess... :redface:

awww no thats so annoying :console: perhaps don’t come to school that day?
awww no thats so annoying :console: perhaps don’t come to school that day?

naah, its fine. i just realised i have dofe next monday. totally forgot about that, so i guess its gonna be ok. :h:
naah, its fine. i just realised i have dofe next monday. totally forgot about that, so i guess its gonna be ok. :h:

I’m glad :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending