The Student Room Group

Pcos cysters

Hi im 17 and was recently diagnosed with PCOS, im looking for someone who also has PCOS so we can share our experiences and growth together? Also does anyone have any advice?
I've been taking Yasmin any opinions on that?
Original post by amabanavardedil
Hi im 17 and was recently diagnosed with PCOS, im looking for someone who also has PCOS so we can share our experiences and growth together? Also does anyone have any advice?
I've been taking Yasmin any opinions on that?

Has Yasmin helped you a lot?
Original post by Anonymous
Has Yasmin helped you a lot?

this is my third week, i have one day till i take abreak, but i dont know yet, i mean th eonly concern with me was the lack of periods, and i dont have any side effects i dont think so at least. and if my periods are back i guess it is a success, but im in the process of making lifestyle changes so im hoping to not take medication long term
Hello. Did you get any physical symptoms? Like facial hair or acne?
this is my third week, i have one day till i take abreak, but i dont know yet, i mean th eonly concern with me was the lack of periods, and i dont have any side effects i dont think so at least. and if my periods are back i guess it is a success, but im in the process of making lifestyle changes so im hoping to not take medication long term

It's a safe decision to not take long term medication tbh. Hormonal medicines are tough to be trusted lol
Hello. Did you get any physical symptoms? Like facial hair or acne?

i think i have very mild acne, moreso scarring cause i keep picking at my skin, as for facial hair, i am middle eastern so it was difficult to say whether I am abnormally hairy, nothing noticeable, but PCOS displays itself differently in everyone, and my blood testosterone levels weren't too high wbu?
i think i have very mild acne, moreso scarring cause i keep picking at my skin, as for facial hair, i am middle eastern so it was difficult to say whether I am abnormally hairy, nothing noticeable, but PCOS displays itself differently in everyone, and my blood testosterone levels weren't too high wbu?

The blood reports all show my hormones are in normal range. No acne. I'm not fat either so no extra weight. Height weight everything are normal. Yet I'm diagnosed with PCOD due to the thickness of hair. The doctors can't diagnose why do I have it or the problem so that I could reduce it. You know it sucks a lot
The blood reports all show my hormones are in normal range. No acne. I'm not fat either so no extra weight. Height weight everything are normal. Yet I'm diagnosed with PCOD due to the thickness of hair. The doctors can't diagnose why do I have it or the problem so that I could reduce it. You know it sucks a lot

Yeah ICL im quite sad, have you had an ultrasound, maybe speak to another doctor?
Yeah ICL im quite sad, have you had an ultrasound, maybe speak to another doctor?

I already did. The only abnormal is one of my ovary which consists of cysts. How about you? What medicine did the doctors prescribed you?
I already did. The only abnormal is one of my ovary which consists of cysts. How about you? What medicine did the doctors prescribed you?

Yeah so thats probably why u were diagnosed with PCOS, i have cycts too, i was too emotional to ask how the cysts were but i wish I did, i was prescribed yasmin, and am going to speak to a dietician, the issue is my period is severely irregular, all i need to do is regulate it so that i can get off the medication, wbu? also do u have any socials we could talk on

Quick Reply

Latest