The Student Room Group

Called police on my boyfriend

Me and my bf had a huge argument and I thought he had a party at his house and invited girls but it was his friends apartment which looks very similar. Anyways I called the police to shut it off unknown , they obviously have my number but yeah. Me and my bf made up about a couple days later. My boyfriend absolutely hates the police and conflict and any association with them and would never want to be set up. He told me about it and said the police wouldn’t say who called but I just kept quiet. He said he want so know who exactly complained and he might ask the housing agency if they can tell him because they’ve sent emails to him about noise disturbance.

Am I a *****? His neighbours complain a couple times about noise so he just thought it was them.

Will he ever find out it was me? Omg if he does our relationship is done and he will think I was trying to set him up.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Let’s hope he doesn’t find out. Unless you’re up for confessing and seeing if your relationship comes through it
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my bf had a huge argument and I thought he had a party at his house and invited girls but it was his friends apartment which looks very similar. Anyways I called the police to shut it off unknown , they obviously have my number but yeah. Me and my bf made up about a couple days later. My boyfriend absolutely hates the police and conflict and any association with them and would never want to be set up. He told me about it and said the police wouldn’t say who called but I just kept quiet. He said he want so know who exactly complained and he might ask the housing agency if they can tell him because they’ve sent emails to him about noise disturbance.

Am I a b I t c h ? His neighbours complain a couple times about noise so he just thought it was them.

Will he ever find out it was me? Omg if he does our relationship is done and he will think I was trying to set him up.

No he wont find out. Also if he doesnt want noise complaints. Dont be noisy.
Reply 3
Original post by Jack22031994
No he wont find out. Also if he doesnt want noise complaints. Dont be noisy.

Are you sure? Ugh this is eating me up inside. The police said they won’t give any information out under data protection and to avoid conflict ( as I did it anonymously but they have my number) but he said he might contact his housing agency to see if they know. I don’t think the police will tell the housing agency right? That’s two seperate organisations.

Am I a horrible person. He absolutely doesn’t like the police and he will think I’m trying to set him up.
By the sounds of your boyfriend you should just end things with him and walk away, he will get you into trouble yourself sooner or later.
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
Let’s hope he doesn’t find out. Unless you’re up for confessing and seeing if your relationship comes through it

Do you think I should confess? I won’t be I know he will never trust me again.

How do I stop feeling like I will get found out.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonnorth
By the sounds of your boyfriend you should just end things with him and walk away, he will get you into trouble yourself sooner or later.

How me into trouble?
Why doesn't your boyfriend like the police?
Reply 8
Do you think I should confess? I won’t be I know he will never trust me again.

How do I stop feeling like I will get found out.

I would be minded to keep schtum unless there is a good chance he’ll find you. How many people know you called them, that’s a fair indication of the risk. I don’t think the police will reveal. If he’s going to find out it’s probably best it comes from you
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
I would be minded to keep schtum unless there is a good chance he’ll find you. How many people know you called them, that’s a fair indication of the risk. I don’t think the police will reveal. If he’s going to find out it’s probably best it comes from you

No one knows I called them. I didn’t tell the housing agency only the police. He said because the police isn’t going to tell him he might ask the housing agency they’re more likely apparently but I don’t think they can reveal that. I don’t think he’ll even go to the length of asking tbh but he said he might end up.

I could never tell him ever omg.
Original post by Theloniouss
Why doesn't your boyfriend like the police?

He’s very private person snd he’s had bad experiences with them and people around him. He obviously knows not all are bad. But he just don’t like them snd he’ll feel set up by me if he found out.
Are you sure? Ugh this is eating me up inside. The police said they won’t give any information out under data protection and to avoid conflict ( as I did it anonymously but they have my number) but he said he might contact his housing agency to see if they know. I don’t think the police will tell the housing agency right? That’s two seperate organisations.

Am I a horrible person. He absolutely doesn’t like the police and he will think I’m trying to set him up.

No he wont find out.

Also why would he think youre setting him up if he isnt doing anything wrong? It always seems that people who dislike the police only do so because they get caught breaking the law.
Honestly, don't ever do that again. I know you are probably in the UK but out here in the US, it is dangerous to call the police especially to appease your own insecurity
You called the police out of spite because you had an argument with your boyfriend and thought he might be cheating. Your boyfriend is a very lucky guy, assuming any of this is real.
Original post by Jack22031994
No he wont find out.

Also why would he think youre setting him up if he isnt doing anything wrong? It always seems that people who dislike the police only do so because they get caught breaking the law.

He isn’t doing nothing illegal. Nothing that I know of and I know pretty much everything.

Should I just forget about it.
How are you so sure he won’t find out
Original post by YaliaV123
You called the police out of spite because you had an argument with your boyfriend and thought he might be cheating. Your boyfriend is a very lucky guy, assuming any of this is real.

Why is he lucky?
Original post by Plut0niankitty
Honestly, don't ever do that again. I know you are probably in the UK but out here in the US, it is dangerous to call the police especially to appease your own insecurity

Yeah I know 😪Uk isn’t like usa but I totally get your point
Why is he lucky?

‘Lucky’
Reply 18
Why is he lucky?

You didn't get sarcasm?

Am I a b I t c h ? His neighbours complain a couple times about noise so he just thought it was them.

Please tell him that it was you, so he could break up with you. I wouldn't want a gf like you.

You knew that he did not like police but you still called them. I hope he finds out so that he knows who you truly are.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending