The Student Room Group

Do I wait a year for my top choice uni, or accept an unconditional?

I have a conditional offer from my top choice uni (UEA) for biological sciences, however I won't be able to meet the conditions by September. I need to pass my access course, which annoyingly won't be moderated until November and so if I want to go to UEA I'll have to apply again next year.

I have an unconditional offer for the same subject from Uni of Suffolk. There course looks pretty good, but it doesn't have everything I want in it because it's very heavily medical/pharmaceutical from what I can gather and I was looking more into the ecology side. However, it is unconditional, and the course isn't that bad, so I don't know what to do.

Any advice? Have you been in this situation before or are you currently stuck like this?
You could accept the unconditional as well as apply for the other uni next year. That way you can see if the course is what you wanted and swap if it’s not
Original post by Nicksiee
I have a conditional offer from my top choice uni (UEA) for biological sciences, however I won't be able to meet the conditions by September. I need to pass my access course, which annoyingly won't be moderated until November and so if I want to go to UEA I'll have to apply again next year.

I have an unconditional offer for the same subject from Uni of Suffolk. There course looks pretty good, but it doesn't have everything I want in it because it's very heavily medical/pharmaceutical from what I can gather and I was looking more into the ecology side. However, it is unconditional, and the course isn't that bad, so I don't know what to do.

Any advice? Have you been in this situation before or are you currently stuck like this?

Hi,

Another point to consider is that you could get onto another course through Clearing or Adjustment, which would give you the opportunity to study a course that is more aligned with your interests. Also, potentially speaking to the UEA admissions department about your situation might be helpful to see if they have any leeway

Good luck and I hope my advice was of some use!

Daniel
Third Year
MBiolSci Biology with a Year Abroad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending