The Student Room Group

Nursing Degree?

I am currently studying A-Level Biology, Level 3 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care and Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care. I am really struggling with Biology, to the point where i think i may fail next years exams. Will i be able to get into University for a Nursing Degree if i have the Health and Social Care D*'s?
Reply 1
Original post by jessb0070
I am currently studying A-Level Biology, Level 3 Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care and Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care. I am really struggling with Biology, to the point where i think i may fail next years exams. Will i be able to get into University for a Nursing Degree if i have the Health and Social Care D*'s?

it depends on what nursing degree you are applying for as they require different ucas points for example child nursing requires 120 ucas points so that would be 3BBB at a level etc so it would be best to research different unis and see the requirements they have.
hope it helps :smile:
Reply 2
Thankyou so much! I definitely will look into the uni I want to go to!

Can't make your mind up on what you are doing as its either adult nursing or midwifing you wish to do as what you said in your other thread.
Some people took time to reply to that thread which you not acknowledge.

Look into what was said on that as that way you'll know exactly what you'll need okay.

You don't seen positive on outcome of your exams results as won't get nowhere with this attitude as you should be thinking positively on outcome of good results.

@Emily_B
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
Can't make your mind up on what you are doing as its either adult nursing or midwifing you wish to do as what you said in your other thread.
Some people took time to reply to that thread which you not acknowledge.

Look into what was said on that as that way you'll know exactly what you'll need okay.

You don't seen positive on outcome of your exams results as won't get nowhere with this attitude as you should be thinking positively on outcome of good results.

@Emily_B

Hi, I am really sorry if you think I was being rude at all, I have only just seen everyone’s posts as I did not have notifications on :frown: I indeed can’t make my mind up on being a midwife or a nurse because I have always had a passion on working for the NHS (since I was a child) which is why I asked for everyone’s opinions before I begin applying for university. I hope this makes more sense as I didn’t imply on acting negative at all. I am currently going through a rough time at school, reason for that is exams constantly, assignments due in every day, I have no time to myself which has affected my mental health. I am so grateful for everyone’s reply and I will be replying back to them all immediately now. Last week I decided to change my life around, fix my problems, make myself a better person so that I can concentrate on the positive side of exams instead of the fact I’ve been failing (which does put stress on a lot of students) Thankyou for your reply though!
Jess x
Reply 5
Hi, I am really sorry if you think I was being rude at all, I have only just seen everyone’s posts as I did not have notifications on :frown: I indeed can’t make my mind up on being a midwife or a nurse because I have always had a passion on working for the NHS (since I was a child) which is why I asked for everyone’s opinions before I begin applying for university. I hope this makes more sense as I didn’t imply on acting negative at all. I am currently going through a rough time at school, reason for that is exams constantly, assignments due in every day, I have no time to myself which has affected my mental health. I am so grateful for everyone’s reply and I will be replying back to them all immediately now. Last week I decided to change my life around, fix my problems, make myself a better person so that I can concentrate on the positive side of exams instead of the fact I’ve been failing (which does put stress on a lot of students) Thankyou for your reply though!
Jess x

dont worry about it we all have bad days. i don't think you came off rude at all, people do have other commitments too so don't worry. there is nothing more important than your mental health so don't stress yourself too much about exams and your studies. the best way to juggle school and your mental health would be to make a timetable which would be very productive so set some time for your self, a self care time where you choose to relax,watch a movie,social media etc, have time for revision and time for completing assignments. in that way you can get everything done without the extra stress. also stress is a normal reaction during exam time however I would recommend speaking to someone if it does get overpowering for you as it can be detrimental for your overall health. lastly it may be helpful to make a pro and con list for a nurse and midwife that will allow you to see which one you would prefer. for instance a midwife has to be on call all the time and be prepared during labour time no matter what so if you wouldn't mind that and seeing blood then go for it and a nurse has 12 hour long shifts but overall the rewarding feeling you will get from working with patients is worth the difficult parts. really researching the careers and watching youtube videos will give you a greater insight into your chosen career. finally if you still cant decide what you want to do you can take a gap year for experience or choose an access course to nursing and midwifery which will give you background knowledge on the career and prepare you for university. sorry for the very long message hope it help xx
Reply 6
Thankyou so much for all of this lovely information and tips :smile: i will definitely go and create a pros + cons list for nursing and midwifery because I am completely stuck in the middle!
Thankyou again!
Jess x
Reply 7
Thankyou so much for all of this lovely information and tips :smile: i will definitely go and create a pros + cons list for nursing and midwifery because I am completely stuck in the middle!
Thankyou again!
Jess x

no worries i hope it helped. don't hesitate to message me if you need help again x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending