The Student Room Group

CIFA

In 2016 I was silly enough to write my pin on a piece of paper in my purse and I lost it, I didn’t even notice because @‘16 I had no source of income until a couple days later I saw £300 in my account so I decided to try and take it out with my passport ( silly me) instead my account was closed, since then I haven’t had any other fraud issues and if I have they’re had been communication with my bank. Until , earlier this year Monzo , a friend asked me to transfer some money to him as his friend wasn’t able to add his bank details I done him the favour the next day I woke up with £1,500 in my account learning from the past I immediately contacted the bank who sorted this out, long story short I opened a main steam account and now they’re closing my account because of an apparent CIFA. HELP !
Reply 1
Original post by Princess226
In 2016 I was silly enough to write my pin on a piece of paper in my purse and I lost it, I didn’t even notice because @‘16 I had no source of income until a couple days later I saw £300 in my account so I decided to try and take it out with my passport ( silly me) instead my account was closed, since then I haven’t had any other fraud issues and if I have they’re had been communication with my bank. Until , earlier this year Monzo , a friend asked me to transfer some money to him as his friend wasn’t able to add his bank details I done him the favour the next day I woke up with £1,500 in my account learning from the past I immediately contacted the bank who sorted this out, long story short I opened a main steam account and now they’re closing my account because of an apparent CIFA. HELP !

There's no such thing as CIFA. I really don't know where this has come from but lots of people get it wrong......

There's not much you can do other than wait out the length of your Cifas marker.
Reply 2
long story short I opened a main steam account and now they’re closing my account because of an apparent CIFA. HELP !

First thing to do is to confirm that you do actually have a Cifas marker. You can do this by submitting a Subject Access Request to Cifas; see https://www.cifas.org.uk/dsar

The only realistic way of getting a Cifas marker removed is to persuade the business that applied it that they did so in error.

Other than that, you'll need to wait for it to expire. The response to the Subject Access Request will tell you when that is.

Move to a different country, you're effectively locked out of the financial system in the UK until it expires.
Original post by RedGiant
Move to a different country, you're effectively locked out of the financial system in the UK until it expires.

No point just get a prepaid card or go to a credit union for 6 years
Old saying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending