Doing apprenticeship degree with Italian and Further maths A level

Watch
Abi678
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone
I was wondering if I could do use A level in maths and Italian do an apprenticeship degree in computer science. It’s a Language alright?
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
you can, degree apprenticehips in software development ask for at most 1 stem subject. usually your subjects dont matter.
Abi678
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
you can, degree apprenticehips in software development ask for at most 1 stem subject. usually your subjects dont matter.
Thanks
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Abi678)
Hi everyone
I was wondering if I could do use A level in maths and Italian do an apprenticeship degree in computer science. It’s a Language alright?
Are you good at Italian, Abi?

Are you doing just the two A Levels?
Abi678
Rep:
?
I was born there so I think I will be alright. I’m currently doing an access course because I’m adult. But most unis want a maths a level on top so I will do that as a private candidate. But I’m not sure if I will be accepted with the access course so I was trying to get a second a level to do in case the access course is not accepted. I’ve never heard of anyone getting into an apprenticeship degree with an access course.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I was born there so I think I will be alright. I’m currently doing an access course because I’m adult. But most unis want a maths a level on top so I will do that as a private candidate. But I’m not sure if I will be accepted with the access course so I was trying to get a second a level to do in case the access course is not accepted. I’ve never heard of anyone getting into an apprenticeship degree with an access course.
I thought that this might be of interest to you in the future:

https://www.gchq-careers.co.uk/cyberfirst/

How old are you, Abi?
Last edited by Kerzen; 2 months ago
Abi678
Rep:
?
I will turn 21 this year. But the problem is in most apprenticeship you need 5 gcse which I don’t have because I didn’t school in the uk. I’ve got only English and maths grade 4. I was thinking of applying with Queen Mary University (Kmpg) or University of west London.
siodvcnseuv
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I also have maths and italian A levels and have applied for degree apprenticeships
Abi678
Rep:
?
(Original post by siodvcnseuv)
I also have maths and italian A levels and have applied for degree apprenticeships
I’m also doing an access course I don’t know if I will be accept for that. But most of them ask for 5 GCSEs which I don’t have. I only got two. How did you get in? Was is hard? How was the interview?
siodvcnseuv
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m also doing an access course I don’t know if I will be accept for that. But most of them ask for 5 GCSEs which I don’t have. I only got two. How did you get in? Was is hard? How was the interview?
I did have the GCSES and A levels needed by them so it wasn't really a problem. Maybe try to ask them if they would accept an access course and explain your circumstances. Hopefully they could consider you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.52%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.76%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.57%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (6)
4.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.63%

Watched Threads