The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful Nursing offers -queens/ulster

So many of us got unsuccessful offers...this is not the end of the world we can always apply again but I have no idea what to do with this year... pls share what ur plans are, what courses u will be doing, what work or any other plans??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m going in tech to do an hnc I’m on waiting list for ulster but if I don’t get in I will go for tech
Original post by debz11
I’m going in tech to do an hnc I’m on waiting list for ulster but if I don’t get in I will go for tech

Could u send me the name or link to the course...I'm foreign and I'm not too sure how tech works or what course is suitable theres so many😅😅 thanks love
I have a level 5 HND in health and social care its equivalent to a foundation degree, so I defo don't think I'll do any more courses. I work as a nursing assistant in the hospital so I'll just continue to work and hopefully grow some confidence to not crumble in interviews😭 Im still waiting on decision from Open University but it's very very limited places so I really doubt I've got a place! Hopefully find out soon.. If not I really don't know, this process is draininggggg 😅😅
Original post by MariaSampaio
Could u send me the name or link to the course...I'm foreign and I'm not too sure how tech works or what course is suitable theres so many😅😅 thanks love

What trust do you live in?
Original post by laurendee
What trust do you live in?

I live in lisburn/ belfast xx
If you don't mind me asking, what age are you? Sometimes good experience is better than any course! (Although, not always- I've 10 years experience and I got rejected🤣)
(edited 2 years ago)
https://www.serc.ac.uk/course/Pearson-BTEC-HNC-in-Healthcare-Practice

There is the link to lisburn regional college HNC in health and social care
Reply 8
Hey! I am also thinking of doing nursing in university (2023) and I m in year 12. So, I am a very shy person and for my A level, I do Level 3 Btec ICT and Health and Social Care.
Reply 9
I got unsuccessful for both Adult nursing and Mental Health nursing today. I got 2 emails to say I am still on the waiting list. Just need to wait now to see if I receive an offer.
Reply 10
Original post by laurendee
I have a level 5 HND in health and social care its equivalent to a foundation degree, so I defo don't think I'll do any more courses. I work as a nursing assistant in the hospital so I'll just continue to work and hopefully grow some confidence to not crumble in interviews😭 Im still waiting on decision from Open University but it's very very limited places so I really doubt I've got a place! Hopefully find out soon.. If not I really don't know, this process is draininggggg 😅😅

I crumble in interviews aswell it’s my downfall I hate them x
Original post by Lx&ra
If you don't mind me asking, what age are you? Sometimes good experience is better than any course! (Although, not always- I've 10 years experience and I got rejected🤣)

I'm 18 I will be starting a part time job as a care assistant but I also want to do a course to increase my chances of being accepted
Original post by Snow_W
Hey! I am also thinking of doing nursing in university (2023) and I m in year 12. So, I am a very shy person and for my A level, I do Level 3 Btec ICT and Health and Social Care.

For A levels I did Biology, chemistry and health and social care....I got unsuccessful for queens and on a waiting list for ulster...I really do hope u get the grades u need and that u continue to want to be a nurse xxxx
Original post by Toni49
I got unsuccessful for both Adult nursing and Mental Health nursing today. I got 2 emails to say I am still on the waiting list. Just need to wait now to see if I receive an offer.

Did u get on the waiting list for queens??? I only got an unsuccessful notification for track... Is queens even doing a waiting list??? I hope u do get in this year was extremely hard to apply
Reply 14
For A levels I did Biology, chemistry and health and social care....I got unsuccessful for queens and on a waiting list for ulster...I really do hope u get the grades u need and that u continue to want to be a nurse xxxx

OMG...I didn't do any science but I chose level 3 BTEC Double ICT and health and social care. My grade is D-M so it is graded to A-B.
Reply 15
Did u get on the waiting list for queens??? I only got an unsuccessful notification for track... Is queens even doing a waiting list??? I hope u do get in this year was extremely hard to apply

whats queen?
Original post by Toni49

Did queens send you the email regarding waiting list? I was rejected for MH was hoping I may have still had a chance on waiting list 😢
Reply 17

sorry the waiting list is for Magee. This year was a hard year for applying. Thank you hope you get good news too .
Reply 18
Original post by Studentcmc2021
Did queens send you the email regarding waiting list? I was rejected for MH was hoping I may have still had a chance on waiting list 😢

hi, no it was Ulster who sent me the emails.
Original post by Snow_W
whats queen?

A university in Belfast
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending