The Student Room Group

Is 5"4 for a man too short to find women or get friends?

Well, is it

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well?
You can make friends no matter what height you are.
On women I won't give you false hope, it'll be harder because of your height.
Obviously when compared to the average(which I believe is 5ft 9 in the UK but I'm not sure) it would be considered short.
But if you are surrounded by basketball players, even a tall person will feel short. Whereas if all your friends are short are at least shorter than you, you will feel tall.
I'm not going to lie, it is considered short but lots of women are petite and below 5ft 4 so I doubt you'll never find a woman. Also, if the main reason someone doesn't like you is because of your height, then you dodged a bullet.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixRose338
Obviously when compared to the average(which I believe is 5ft 9 in the UK but I'm not sure) it would be considered short.
But if you are surrounded by basketball players, even a tall person will feel short. Whereas if all your friends are short are at least shorter than you, you will feel tall.
I'm not going to lie, it is considered short but lots of women are petite and below 5ft 4 so I doubt you'll never find a woman. Also, if the main reason someone doesn't like you is because of your height, then you dodged a bullet.

Look mate, are you trolling me because I see you have niko omilana as your profile picture. Please no trolls.

Original post by sufys12
You can make friends no matter what height you are.
On women I won't give you false hope, it'll be harder because of your height.

So what will help in finding a women if I'm short, money?

Unfortunately in that case the bullet is 99.9% of all females.

Original post by Anonymous
So what will help in finding a woman if I'm short, money?

Short women. You have a chance with women shorter than you though they still prefer men taller than you.
The problem with money is that it attracts people to you for the wrong reasons. You'd rather not attract gold-diggers.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by sufys12

Short women. You have a chance with women shorter than you though they still prefer men taller than you.
The problem with money is that it attracts people to you for the wrong reasons. You'd rather not attract gold-diggers.

Are you a woman and what's your height? Honestly, I don't mind attracting a woman with money, as long as I find them attractive and loyal and we get along that ticks all my boxes.
Are you a woman and what's your height? Honestly, I don't mind attracting a woman with money, as long as I find them attractive and loyal and we get along that ticks all my boxes.

I am no woman. I'm 5'8'', male but I'm a child who hasn't hit puberty yet but I'm well versed on these issues, however I wouldn't be surprised if after this you refuse to take me seriously after I note this.
Yes but there is the problem of getting the ability to attract with money since it does attract those who just wish to cash in. Gold-diggers are unlikely to be loyal.
I don't see why it would be an obstacle to getting friends. Men don't pick their friendships based on height. For women the excessive focus on height these days makes it much more difficult. My brother is 5'4 and he has a fiancé though. She's 5'8. So its not impossible or anything.
Original post by sufys12
I am no woman. I'm 5'8'', male but I'm a child who hasn't hit puberty yet but I'm well versed on these issues, however I wouldn't be surprised if after this you refuse to take me seriously after I note this.
Yes but there is the problem of getting the ability to attract with money since it does attract those who just wish to cash in. Gold-diggers are unlikely to be loyal.

What 🤣 there’s no way you’re a child that hasn’t hit puberty you seem too mature and well spoken
Look mate, are you trolling me because I see you have niko omilana as your profile picture. Please no trolls.

So what will help in finding a women if I'm short, money?

bro he not trolling you, he is telling the truth believe me there aint nothing wrong with what he is saying. if you feel insecure because of your height than remember this, when the time comes you will find that soul mate. he is right that if a girl rejects you solely because of your height than she is not worth your time. honestly i think height dont matter as much because if someone loves you, they might care about if you can keep them happy or not but they wont care about your height as much. believe me there are MANY women out there who are your height if (i live in usa idk about you). in usa official avg height of women is 5 foot 4 inches, you might be a little short but you should not that much problem.
You better hope you make up for your lack of inches in other parts of your body :borat:
What 🤣 there’s no way you’re a child that hasn’t hit puberty you seem too mature and well spoken

Why, thank you. But I am definitely a child - in other areas I am very childish.
Original post by sufys12

Eh, not that high. Realistically, I would say 60-80%(which is still high) but if you only look for short women then that can go down depending on circumstances.
And that sentence was supposed to be applied to the friendship question too(although I guess it wasn't clear).
My point still stands: if someone refuses to be your friend because of something that you can't help and that doesn't harm anyone, you did indeed dodge a bullet.
Original post by sufys12

Are you actually, or is that sarcasm? Because if you're 5ft 8 before puberty, then you're going to be extremely tall(I'm jealous lol)
No it is not necessarily. Popular comedian, Kevin Hart is 5'2". He was married before he became rich and still has a partner now. I can imagine his humour is probably his most attractive quality to women and the fact that he doesn't take himself seriously.

Whatever your most positive quality is. Let that be your defining attribute when you're mixing it up with the ladies:wink:.
My boyfriend is 5'4" and he does have friends. So yeah, definitely not impossible, although being insecure about it probably holds you back.
Eh, not that high. Realistically, I would say 60-80%(which is still high) but if you only look for short women then that can go down depending on circumstances.
And that sentence was supposed to be applied to the friendship question too(although I guess it wasn't clear).
My point still stands: if someone refuses to be your friend because of something that you can't help and that doesn't harm anyone, you did indeed dodge a bullet.

Are you actually, or is that sarcasm? Because if you're 5ft 8 before puberty, then you're going to be extremely tall(I'm jealous lol)

I'm not being sarcastic. I am 5ft 8 and haven't hit the growth spurt associated with puberty.
I don't think people discriminate with friends the way they do with sexual relationships.
I'd definitely say it's around 80% with sexual relationships.
When it comes to friendships people don't care unless they are the 'popular' type who care about their image so wouldn't want to be seen near certain people but those don't really exist outside of schools and I doubt it's that setting in OP's case.
Finding friends won't be hard if you are a pleasant person, and it won't be impossible to find a woman either, but just harder maybe, since lots of women prefer taller men.

I thought my reply sounded genuine and was at least a little bit helpful to you😥
I only had Niko on my pfp for a laugh near the time of the elections. I didn't vote if that helps my case lol
With friendship, your height probably won't be a major issue- unless you make it one.
The focus is most likely to be on personality, hobbies, values and shared interests.

In a sexual attraction or relationship context, height is more relevant.
Both as an attraction dealbreaker and relationship preference.
From what I've seen most heterosexual girls prefer to date a guy taller than them and are not willing to consider dating a guy who is shorter than they are.
I am 5'1, have a lot of dating dealbreakers and have dated guys of 5'4 & above.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending