The Student Room Group

DWP CFCD EO Team Leader May 2021

Thought I would apply to this campaign. Has anyone applied to this? How did you find the Civil Service Management Judgment Test?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wasn’t successful in the judgement test
Reply 2
Original post by aminat19
Wasn’t successful in the judgement test

What was your score ? I got 10% in one test a total fail. Gonna try another one . I think that there is something wrong with the test.
Reply 3
Original post by Littlespice
What was your score ? I got 10% in one test a total fail. Gonna try another one . I think that there is something wrong with the test.

I scored 28% after i had scored 21% in the Non operational leader one. If you haven’t taken that yet my suggestion would be to use the feedback given to improve your score since questions are similar/same. I realised i should have done that.

Also i have seen another opening for 319 posts for fraud officer under CFCD.. best of luck 😉
I scored 28% after i had scored 21% in the Non operational leader one. If you haven’t taken that yet my suggestion would be to use the feedback given to improve your score since questions are similar/same. I realised i should have done that.

Also i have seen another opening for 319 posts for fraud officer under CFCD.. best of luck 😉

Hi,

Can you give the link for the new opening for 319 posts?

Thanks, all the best wishes!
Whats the minimum score at management judgment tests you need to pass? I scored 8% in one test and not sure if will take the other one as totally confused where I got wrong!

I thought I selected the best responses but Just don't understand this test- what the hell they looking for?
Reply 7
Original post by Wisdom100
Whats the minimum score at management judgment tests you need to pass? I scored 8% in one test and not sure if will take the other one as totally confused where I got wrong!

I thought I selected the best responses but Just don't understand this test- what the hell they looking for?

I can't get over 10% either and I know I'm choosing the best answers. I'm baffled right now. My friend did it and got 2%. My partner did it and got 8%. I just don't know at this stage. In one test I scored 1 above average, 3 average and 1 below average but only got 4%.
I can't get over 10% either and I know I'm choosing the best answers. I'm baffled right now. My friend did it and got 2%. My partner did it and got 8%. I just don't know at this stage. In one test I scored 1 above average, 3 average and 1 below average but only got 4%.

Baffling and confusing indeed! Anyone heard anyone who has passed this test yet? I talked to around 10 people and none scored above 20%. No other CS tests was like this. Is there something wrong with the tests? May be someone should enquire with test administrators.
Reply 9
The judgement test and the management judgement test are two different things, though that being said I have recently completed both, and on top of this have recently completed the newest civil service work strengths tests.

It is entirely possible to score well in these.

Its just a matter of being used to them, with that in mind I am a senior ops manager in the Civil Service so a lot of these questions are situations we are presented in working life.

I would recommend getting a few practice sessions in.

My most recent scores have been:

Management - scored higher than 88% of test takers.
Civil Service work strengths - higher than 99% of test takers.

The only one I used to fall done on was numerical reasoning, but to be honest...who doesn't use excel for numerical data anyway...

I think the tests are actually quite open and fair, they are also spot on in terms of judging personality and strengths from them.

I got an 83% in this test https://cshr.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-11/brand-2/user-1149176/xf-f5fa134613f5/candidate/eform/11243799/page/1But the other CPCD has been a nightmare to me as well so i am holding on to do some extra practice before applying for the role that is taking 319 people! I ended up laughing at a 10% score i got today. Don’t give up yet lets keep going.

I could swear i chose the best answers too but end results are completely different
Original post by Mc12244
The judgement test and the management judgement test are two different things, though that being said I have recently completed both, and on top of this have recently completed the newest civil service work strengths tests.

It is entirely possible to score well in these.

Its just a matter of being used to them, with that in mind I am a senior ops manager in the Civil Service so a lot of these questions are situations we are presented in working life.

I would recommend getting a few practice sessions in.

My most recent scores have been:

Management - scored higher than 88% of test takers.
Civil Service work strengths - higher than 99% of test takers.

The only one I used to fall done on was numerical reasoning, but to be honest...who doesn't use excel for numerical data anyway...

I think the tests are actually quite open and fair, they are also spot on in terms of judging personality and strengths from them.

With the DWP practical tests you don’t get a report as compared to HMRC. It’s difficult to get a feedback from your test to know areas of improvement .

I can’t wait to see an improvement in my next score 😂
I got an 83% in this test https://cshr.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-11/brand-2/user-1149176/xf-f5fa134613f5/candidate/eform/11243799/page/1But the other CPCD has been a nightmare to me as well so i am holding on to do some extra practice before applying for the role that is taking 319 people! I ended up laughing at a 10% score i got today. Don’t give up yet lets keep going.

I could swear i chose the best answers too but end results are completely different

You links don't work, can you check and post again?
I just took the CFCD EO test, the feedback says average in 4 clusters and below average in 1, but final score 10%. Strange!
Original post by Wisdom100
I just took the CFCD EO test, the feedback says average in 4 clusters and below average in 1, but final score 10%. Strange!

Nightmare! Still trying to figure where i went wrong! Have you tried the BPSG?

NO- BPSG is a different test, right? I am only trying for the mass recruitment ones lol.
Reply 17
I applied for 2 positions with CFCD. In management test I got 99% for a EO role and 68% for HEO role. When I applied for non operational leader EO vacancy, I got only 15% in management test and had issues such not being able to play the video. I emailed the recruitment team and they replied that it's my duty to make sure the Internet connection is ok. Emailed again and they didn't reply - today is closing date
So after reading the messages on this thread I realise that there was an issue with this test as so many people got max 20%. Unfortunately the recruitment team is not ready to sort it out with the test provider.

This is just ridiculous now, I got 5 below average and scored 10% 😂 This is higher than when I had above average in some clusters .
Reply 19
This is just ridiculous now, I got 5 below average and scored 10% 😂 This is higher than when I had above average in some clusters .

What is BPSG?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending