The Student Room Group

RSC Teacher Training Scholarship Assessment Day

Anyone have any tips and tricks for the assessment day? :redface:
Royal Society of Chemistry Teacher Training Scholarship Assessment Day
bump
Reply 2
Have you completed the assessment? How was it ? Also did you apply through UCAS for the placement ?
Reply 3
Original post by Who1999
Have you completed the assessment? How was it ? Also did you apply through UCAS for the placement ?

Did u apply for the scholarship? Did they reply to you?
Reply 4
Original post by Barday
Did u apply for the scholarship? Did they reply to you?

Yes they did
Reply 5
Original post by Who1999
Yes they did

Oh. That's great! When is ur assessment day? I just applied last week. Pretty late I guess...still waiting for them to reply
Reply 6
This week hopefully. Have you sent your application to ucas already ?
Reply 7
Original post by Who1999
This week hopefully. Have you sent your application to ucas already ?

Hey all the very best for your assessment.
And yes I already have a PGCE offer but its still conditional.
Just one last question please. After how many weeks did they get back to you after your application submission?
And I hope you won't mind if I ask you about your assessment day later on.
Reply 8
Original post by Barday
Hey all the very best for your assessment.
And yes I already have a PGCE offer but its still conditional.
Just one last question please. After how many weeks did they get back to you after your application submission?
And I hope you won't mind if I ask you about your assessment day later on.

I can’t remember but it wasn’t too late. I will let you know how it goes but I’ve heard that it’s not too hard. Also if you don’t mind me asking where did you apply for, so what were your options ? Also what pgce are you planning to do?
Reply 9
Original post by Who1999
I can’t remember but it wasn’t too late. I will let you know how it goes but I’ve heard that it’s not too hard. Also if you don’t mind me asking where did you apply for, so what were your options ? Also what pgce are you planning to do?

I stay in Birmingham so applied for pgce in Birmingham itself. I had a choice between PGDE program from Birmingham university and one local PGCE (SCITT) program. I decided to go with the second one as I left that was more relevant to me and could let me spend more time in school rather than in uni doing some boring assignments.
Reply 10
Original post by Who1999

Hey! How was your assessment day? Hope it went on well...
Reply 11
Hi, yeah it was good. It was mainly GCSE questions. I’m sure you’ll do great no need to worry about it.
Reply 12
Original post by Who1999
Hi, yeah it was good. It was mainly GCSE questions. I’m sure you’ll do great no need to worry about it.

Oh that's great! Hope you get the scholarship. Take care
Reply 13
Original post by Barday
Oh that's great! Hope you get the scholarship. Take care

Hey, I have interviews coming up for my PGCE providers and was wondering if you can tell me what type of questions they asked ?
Reply 14
Original post by Who1999
Hey, I have interviews coming up for my PGCE providers and was wondering if you can tell me what type of questions they asked ?

They could ask you questions related to the "teacher's standard". Like what do you think your responsibilities are as a teacher etc.
Next, question related to classroom management like how would u deal with a disruptive behaviour in class or may be how would you revise topics with students.
General questions like what quality should a teacher have and why you want to be a teacher. And some of them ask basic science related questions at gcse level. I was asked what is mitosis? I couldn't answer it very well but they were simply happy when I said it's a form of cell division.
Reply 15
Original post by Barday
They could ask you questions related to the "teacher's standard". Like what do you think your responsibilities are as a teacher etc.
Next, question related to classroom management like how would u deal with a disruptive behaviour in class or may be how would you revise topics with students.
General questions like what quality should a teacher have and why you want to be a teacher. And some of them ask basic science related questions at gcse level. I was asked what is mitosis? I couldn't answer it very well but they were simply happy when I said it's a form of cell division.

Thank you so much
Reply 16
Original post by Barday

Hi, it’s me again. I have my RSC interview coming up. Do you remember what questions they asked ? Isit hard ? Also how did the interview go for you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending