The Student Room Group

Msc HRM. Exeter vs Strathclyde vs Aston

Hello all. I have been accepted to the University of Exeter, Strathclyde and Aston for a Human Resources Management programme and i really don't know which one to choose. I am slightly leaning towards Exeter but i read in some forums that the classes are filled with a lot of students 100+ something that doesn't help in learning. Also Strathclyde is consider good for business but Exeter is just so much better in all rankings. (all courses are CIPD accredited)

Ps: Sorry for the long post! If anyone has any info for the above courses please share your views.
Reply 1
Come on guys (and gals) i would appreciate some advice as the deadline to accept an offer is really close.
Hi George,

Really sorry; i didn't see this. Rather than throwing marketing statistics at you, i was wondering if you had any questions about Aston or Life In Birmingham? I'm a 2014 graduate and Birmingham local so i should be able to answer anything you can throw at me.

Josh :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by George255
Hello all. I have been accepted to the University of Exeter, Strathclyde and Aston for a Human Resources Management programme and i really don't know which one to choose. I am slightly leaning towards Exeter but i read in some forums that the classes are filled with a lot of students 100+ something that doesn't help in learning. Also Strathclyde is consider good for business but Exeter is just so much better in all rankings. (all courses are CIPD accredited)

Ps: Sorry for the long post! If anyone has any info for the above courses please share your views.

The classes at Exeter are no bigger than anywhere else.
Reply 4
Hey there !

I've recently gotten offers for Msc Human Resource Management in Aston and Strathclyde as well!
I've been facing the same issue for a while. I understand that Exeter has a good ranking overall. But then, i chose to look at it in a different perspective. Lets just focus on the Business Schools only. According to Ediuniversal rankings, Aston Business School and Strathclyde both rank 4th and 5th in the 4 palms division.* Strathclyde and Aston are really really good for business schools. Their overall rankings might not seem that great but their business schools are fantastic! Now it depends where you want to stay. Calculate your expenses. See how much of an investment would it be in each of the 3 schools that you've mentioned. Try getting in touch with the alumni of the business schools and ask them about their experiences. also take into account external factors such as weather, city life and so on (take them as minor factors).

Good luck!

EDIT: Also take into account the graduate employment opportunities that each business school offers.

*http://www.eduniversal-ranking.com/business-school-university-ranking-in-united-kingdom.html
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Hey, which did you end up choosing? And how was it?
@Akshay.V and @George255
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by revmarsh
Hey, which did you end up choosing? And how was it?
@Akshay.V and @George255

I have got the same doubt!!, How about you which unis have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending