The Student Room Group

Art GCSE is the worst decision of my life.

Art GCSE is not great considering we have had a pandemic.
Im in year 11 and this is just gonna be a rant about ART GCSE, I don’t want this to effect younger years if they want to take art gcse, go ahead.

Year 11 art has been absolutely terrible, the AQA exam board is terrible and had no consideration for people struggling mental health wise through the pandemic. We have had nearly W full 8 months of school, and expected to work at home. Most people can get on and do this easily. But not me, considering my own mental health, working through Drama Scripts, music compositions and Spanish 3-4 hours a day there is absolutely no time for art, I made a huge mistake taking art as I chose 3 other preforming art studies.

Now a rant about my teacher and school all together,
I’m not gonna say my school obv but my school doesn’t help with mental health at all, I had emailed the head many times and my art teacher how I wasn’t coping well with my art gcse at all and that it was messing with my other courses. And yet no reply at all or any help.

Now we are back at school I’ve spoken to the head and art teacher how I’ve done absolutely nothing for my art gcse and every other lesson has basically gone down the drain.
What did they do? Nothing, I’m expected to do 2 portfolios from feb-April and it’s just not possible. Considering i have other exams to prepare for. I just can’t,

If you have read all of this sorry it was so ranty, and like I said before I really don’t want to stop you from taking art gcse, if you enjoy it go ahead, I’m sure I’ve just had the worst experience with it all together with this pandemic.

Now I need help, and answers... I’m year 11 and leaving school in a few months (in the uk)
What would happen if I wasn’t to submit any work at all. I’ve questioned this a lot and need to know if I fail this for no work, will it mess with other subjects?
Thanks again for reading.
It's bad. But if this makes any difference to you, I can promise that in your life you will experience situations that bring more adversity than GCSE art ever can.

Drop out.
Original post by ItsAlvo
Art GCSE is not great considering we have had a pandemic.
Im in year 11 and this is just gonna be a rant about ART GCSE, I don’t want this to effect younger years if they want to take art gcse, go ahead.

Year 11 art has been absolutely terrible, the AQA exam board is terrible and had no consideration for people struggling mental health wise through the pandemic. We have had nearly W full 8 months of school, and expected to work at home. Most people can get on and do this easily. But not me, considering my own mental health, working through Drama Scripts, music compositions and Spanish 3-4 hours a day there is absolutely no time for art, I made a huge mistake taking art as I chose 3 other preforming art studies.

Now a rant about my teacher and school all together,
I’m not gonna say my school obv but my school doesn’t help with mental health at all, I had emailed the head many times and my art teacher how I wasn’t coping well with my art gcse at all and that it was messing with my other courses. And yet no reply at all or any help.

Now we are back at school I’ve spoken to the head and art teacher how I’ve done absolutely nothing for my art gcse and every other lesson has basically gone down the drain.
What did they do? Nothing, I’m expected to do 2 portfolios from feb-April and it’s just not possible. Considering i have other exams to prepare for. I just can’t,

If you have read all of this sorry it was so ranty, and like I said before I really don’t want to stop you from taking art gcse, if you enjoy it go ahead, I’m sure I’ve just had the worst experience with it all together with this pandemic.

Now I need help, and answers... I’m year 11 and leaving school in a few months (in the uk)
What would happen if I wasn’t to submit any work at all. I’ve questioned this a lot and need to know if I fail this for no work, will it mess with other subjects?
Thanks again for reading.

Honestly, GCSE arts the worst I’d rather do maths and I’m not the best nor like maths that much
Honestly, it's the WORST! but my only advice would be to anyone doing GCSE art, it always Quantity over Quality! they don't care if your Picasso himself they only want sketchbooks filled with mediocre stuff and as many as you can fill.
Original post by 15mohsinfa
Honestly, it's the WORST! but my only advice would be to anyone doing GCSE art, it always Quantity over Quality! they don't care if your Picasso himself they only want sketchbooks filled with mediocre stuff and as many as you can fill.

Art it’s self, yes I love drawing and painting in my own time. The subject, never again.
2 days left at my school and I’m done with art. If a Headache was a subject it would be art.
Original post by JessicaWw
2 days left at my school and I’m done with art. If a Headache was a subject it would be art.

lol literally so true, but just try and push through it.
Original post by 15mohsinfa
lol literally so true, but just try and push through it.

I think I’ll get a 6 in art so that’s alright i guess
Reply 8
I actually really enjoyed art, but I also had a really good I am please g-d getting a 8-9

Quick Reply

Latest