The Student Room Group

How do you motivate yourself?

What is self-motivation? How one can get it?
Motivation is fleeting. Discipline is what you need
for me motivation is something that will only come at a certain point. when im really fed up with how odd my life is and how much of a mess im being then i will suddenly be swept up with a wave of motivation.
I would define motivation as a desire to improve myself or get on with a certain task. When i get motivated it usually lasts for a month or 2. I start eating healthy, working out to lose weight, skincare, reading books, talking positive, watching what i enjoy and overall avoiding what i dislike. i also find myself motivated to do some schoolwork or some writing or sketching.

I actually dont find much difference between discipline and motivation. But then again that depends on what motivation is for you.
Only thing motivating me is money and deadlines.
I don't, I use discipline.
Original post by Alicia816
What is self-motivation? How one can get it?

For me, it helps to practice mindfulness (which is a form of meditation where you are fully in the present). I think it's like training your brain itself to be more disciplined like whenever you sit down to focus on something, it's less likely to wander and make you procrastinate. If you do decide to try it out, there are lots of guided mindfulness meditations on YouTube! Hope this helped
I don't. I've given up caring. I need external motivation to make me do anything - I just stay in bed all day if I don't have work to go to.
goals
My incentive is always to get better, I need no more to be motivated.
I leave everything to the last minute, then I hate myself and rush through it with tears in my eyes and loads of empty red bull cans in my bin.
Original post by tinygirl96
goals

The most important thing for achievements. :yep: Ambitions and discipline come as next and with goals.
you-can-do-it-i-believe-in-you-meme.jpg
Self-motivation is the drive within you to pursue and succeed at something whatever it may be. It requires hard-work and total focus on your end goal. A reward at the end of it will keep you hungry, and discipline will drive you forward. One gets it by contemplating on what is it they want, and working towards it at all costs. Setting goals and breaking them. In order to overcome your weaknesses, you must undergo hardship and accept that you will strive through hardship until you reach your goal. After hardship comes ease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending