The Student Room Group

International students at KPMG

Any international students in the 2021 autumn intake of one of the KPMG's graduate programmes?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I've got an offer too!
Reply 2
I was wondering if anybody knew whether KPMG bears the skilled worker visa (the new tier-2 worker visa) application cost and IHS for the international students starting one of their graduate programmes or not.
Original post by user2024
I was wondering if anybody knew whether KPMG bears the skilled worker visa (the new tier-2 worker visa) application cost and IHS for the international students starting one of their graduate programmes or not.

I was told that the KPMG Right to Work team will contact me later. There is a rumor saying that international students have to pay the IHS fee themselves, but KPMG may cover the visa application cost. May I ask what position you've applied for and what stage you are in now? I was requested to send them my GCSE and A-Level equivalent qualifications and degree, and then they said they will review my academic certifications and respond to me by the end of May. Although I got the offer, I'm still worrying.....
Reply 4
Original post by staynarly
I was told that the KPMG Right to Work team will contact me later. There is a rumor saying that international students have to pay the IHS fee themselves, but KPMG may cover the visa application cost. May I ask what position you've applied for and what stage you are in now? I was requested to send them my GCSE and A-Level equivalent qualifications and degree, and then they said they will review my academic certifications and respond to me by the end of May. Although I got the offer, I'm still worrying.....

Has anyone heard back anything after this step?
Reply 5
Original post by aboodx_x
Has anyone heard back anything after this step?

Hey,

Most international students I know who will be starting with me and I am yet to hear from them but I will be emailing the immigration team earlier next week to ask for the next steps.

Btw I did talk to the HR after I started this thread and they confirmed to me that KPMG and their lawyers will be guiding us throughout the visa process.
Regarding costs, they said they will pay for the visa fees but we have to bear the health surcharge as staynarly mentioned (though we can get interest free loan from KPMG to pay that).

I hope this helps.
Reply 6
Also we have got a WhatsApp group with all the 2021 KPMG intakes, lemme know if you're interested in joining that
Reply 7
Original post by ehab2014
Hey,

Most international students I know who will be starting with me and I am yet to hear from them but I will be emailing the immigration team earlier next week to ask for the next steps.

Btw I did talk to the HR after I started this thread and they confirmed to me that KPMG and their lawyers will be guiding us throughout the visa process.
Regarding costs, they said they will pay for the visa fees but we have to bear the health surcharge as staynarly mentioned (though we can get interest free loan from KPMG to pay that).

I hope this helps.

Wow thank you so much for the info!
Reply 8
Also we have got a WhatsApp group with all the 2021 KPMG intakes, lemme know if you're interested in joining that

Do you mind the separate ones for each office? I’m already in the London group, but if you mean one with international students specifically then yes I would love to join :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by aboodx_x
Do you mind the separate ones for each office? I’m already in the London group, but if you mean one with international students specifically then yes I would love to join :smile:

We don't have one for international students yet but beside groups based on region, there's another bigger group with all the graduate intakes (and even a bigger one with both graduate and apprentice intakes). We discussed about this visa issue recently in the graduate gc and if you haven't seen that then you are likely not part of that group. Lemme know if you want to join that and then maybe we can make a separate international intake groupchat from there.
Hey,

I hope this helps.

Hi, I'm an international student and I have yet to hear back from them too. Did they mention how long is it going to take for them to get back to us and may I ask what are the next steps? Thank you!
Reply 11
Original post by Jeannnnn
Hi, I'm an international student and I have yet to hear back from them too. Did they mention how long is it going to take for them to get back to us and may I ask what are the next steps? Thank you!

Hi,
Just yesterday I talked to an HR about this and they said that they're waiting for the start date confirmation from the onboarding team and as soon as they know that they'll contact the legal team to begin the visa process with us.

The thing is different programmes have different start dates (ranging from early September to mid October or smth), and apparently visa process needs to start maximum three months before the exact start date.

For now the HR person adviced me to keep checking with the Onboarding team if they've decided a start date for my office/programme, if it's early in September then visa process must start by mid of this month or smth.
Reply 12

Hiya, could I get a link to the WhatsApp group please? Just accepted my offer!
Reply 13
Original post by goonc
Hiya, could I get a link to the WhatsApp group please? Just accepted my offer!

Check your dm
Reply 14
Check your dm

Amazing, thank you!
Any international students in the 2021 autumn intake of one of the KPMG's graduate programmes?

Hi i’m an international student intending to apply to KPMG’s graduate programme. Mind if I could ask you some advice?
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
Hi i’m an international student intending to apply to KPMG’s graduate programme. Mind if I could ask you some advice?

Hi yeah sure, you can DM me
Hi yeah sure, you can DM me

Hey, I have got an audit offer for sept 2022. I am also international and was wondering what the process was/ what I can expect/ how long did it take? The information from the KPMG team in quite unclear and there is no mention of visa costs and IHS in the offer.
Original post by Sohampatni
Hey, I have got an audit offer for sept 2022. I am also international and was wondering what the process was/ what I can expect/ how long did it take? The information from the KPMG team in quite unclear and there is no mention of visa costs and IHS in the offer.

I'm wondering the same thing. Also, do we have to be in the UK when they put in the application?
Original post by kar199201
I'm wondering the same thing. Also, do we have to be in the UK when they put in the application?

Original post by Sohampatni

I have the same question - how long did the whole process take? @ehab2014 - Please can you share the Whatsapp group link with me as well? many thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending