The Student Room Group

Texting after a first date!

Hi all!

Yesterday, a girl I (17M) both went on a (first) first date together, and really hit it off. Afterwards, I sent a message thanking her for everything, and we both agreed that we would like to meet each other again.

When it comes to this kind of thing I am really inexperienced, and wondered if anybody had some advice on when it would be appropriate to get in touch again, maybe just to talk? We had a really great time, but I didn't want her to think that I am coming on to quickly, but not interested either. Would it be better to wait and see if she gets back in touch with me?

Thank you all for your time. :smile:
you seem to have handled the first bit quite well. if you want to start a conversation with her soon, make sure it's about something worth talking about, not just a "hey what's up" that way she's not going to get second thoughts
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
you seem to have handled the first bit quite well. if you want to start a conversation with her soon, make sure it's about something worth talking about, not just a "hey what's up" that way she's not going to get second thoughts

Thank you so much - that was kind of what I was thinking. Like, mentioning listening to a band she recommended or something?
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much - that was kind of what I was thinking. Like, mentioning listening to a band she recommended or something?

sounds a bit dead to me

if something interesing happened to either of you worth discussing, i'd start with that. music is a bit of a deadweight once you're done talking about it
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
sounds a bit dead to me

if something interesing happened to either of you worth discussing, i'd start with that. music is a bit of a deadweight once you're done talking about it

Alright, thank you so much for that - I'll definitely bear that in mind. I feel like I am kind of navigating unknown territory here, so I really appreciate your advice :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all!

Yesterday, a girl I (17M) both went on a (first) first date together, and really hit it off. Afterwards, I sent a message thanking her for everything, and we both agreed that we would like to meet each other again.

When it comes to this kind of thing I am really inexperienced, and wondered if anybody had some advice on when it would be appropriate to get in touch again, maybe just to talk? We had a really great time, but I didn't want her to think that I am coming on to quickly, but not interested either. Would it be better to wait and see if she gets back in touch with me?

Thank you all for your time. :smile:

You were great!
Reply 6
Original post by nadia111
You were great!

Ah, thank you! I was definitely nervous, having never dated before, and only exchanging a few messages with them before-hand, but we really had a great time (and definitely memorable), I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending