The Student Room Group

A levels choosing schools

hi i am stuck and i cannot decide which school to go to:
SCHOOL 1 (STATE SCHOOL): COMPUTER SCIENCE, MATHS AND CHEMISTRY
or
SCHOOL 2 (PRIVATE SCHOOL): COMPUTER SCIENCE, MATHS, ECONOMICS AND FRENCH???????????????????
What do you want to do?
Original post by alevels21
hi i am stuck and i cannot decide which school to go to:
SCHOOL 1 (STATE SCHOOL): COMPUTER SCIENCE, MATHS AND CHEMISTRY
or
SCHOOL 2 (PRIVATE SCHOOL): COMPUTER SCIENCE, MATHS, ECONOMICS AND FRENCH???????????????????

What subject combination do you prefer? What do you want to do at uni (and do they specify any particular subjects)? Which school do you prefer out of the 2?
Reply 3
Original post by Emma:-)
What subject combination do you prefer? What do you want to do at uni (and do they specify any particular subjects)? Which school do you prefer out of the 2?

I prefer the second one, want to do computer science - only requirement is mathematics. I’m not sure I guess that I prefer the state school
I prefer the second one, want to do computer science - only requirement is mathematics. I’m not sure I guess that I prefer the state school

Are your parents happy and able to pay for the private school if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
Original post by Caz1234567
Are your parents happy and able to pay for the private school if you don't mind me asking?

Yes they are happy to pay for it - but I would prefer to go to the state school this is why I can’t decide between them both
Yes they are happy to pay for it - but I would prefer to go to the state school this is why I can’t decide between them both

If you prefer the state school, then go for it :smile:

Why would you choose a Private school? They aren't always better than state - where I teach we outperform alll the local Private schools.

Quick Reply

Latest