5 points behind Man Utd and 2 points behind Chelsea despite:

- having the worst injury crises
- way less money than Chelsea/Man Utd throw around

blah blah blah all I hear are tears.
Original post by Zerforax
5 points behind Man Utd and 2 points behind Chelsea despite:

- having the worst injury crises
- way less money than Chelsea/Man Utd throw around

Pathetic excuses. Injury crises? Money? Crap home COVID form? A manager with a poor record in finals? Which northern club that plays in red are we talking about exactly?...
Original post by ozzyoscy
Pathetic excuses. Injury crises? Money? Crap home COVID form? A manager with a poor record in finals? Which northern club that plays in red are we talking about exactly?...

I mean you can deflect as much as you want but United had a pretty atrocious season. No title challenge. Bounced out of the CL group stage, no domestic cup challenge. Lost in the Europa final when they were favorites by far. Questions to be asked of Ole really is the guy to take you forward.
Reply 63
Original post by bj27
blah blah blah all I hear are tears.

You're hearing a different bodily fluid because I'm still :dice: over Alisson's late goal and that we finished 3rd this season.

We won our "final" this season by making sure we finished top 4. When the pressure was on, we won the last 5 games of the season (even with our 6th and 8th choice CBs).

End of the day, Klopp can point to title winning form for 2/3 of the season (first 14 games and last 10 games) and then explain the middle with a ridiculous set of injuries this season to key players, squad players and across the pitch but in particular at CB.

Man Utd comfortably finished 2nd but you still finished less than 2 points per game over the season, got knocked out of the CL group stages and failed to beat a club which finished 7th in La Liga / has less than 100mil in revenue and wage bill is like 20-25% of Man Utd's.

It's fine if this was an average season but actually this was your peak - finishing 2nd (but not competing with Man City at any point), and losing in the final of the 2nd tier European competition.

Let's be honest, Man City and Pep will be looking at Chelsea and Liverpool as competitors for the title next season. You guys have just become noisy neighbours.
Original post by Malevolent
I mean you can deflect as much as you want but United had a pretty atrocious season. No title challenge. Bounced out of the CL group stage, no domestic cup challenge. Lost in the Europa final when they were favorites by far. Questions to be asked of Ole really is the guy to take you forward.

Er... what am I deflecting from and to? I only replied to a Liverpool fan making excuses (deflecting, if you will) for their atrocious season. I've made no comment at all on what I think of this season.

Since you haven't simply asked, I'll just tell you something else: I hate football now. One of my pet peeves is the ridiculous sackings after a bit of bad form or even one underwhelming season. Let alone talking about a guy who's finished 3rd then 2nd with a club more recently used to 4th-7th and has reinvigorated the careers of players and made / used well great signings.

Let's let the other clubs randomly sack managers after they win trophies or for bad form, then ****ing hiring them back after sacking the guy that replaced them because actually they're not that bad after all.
(edited 2 years ago)
We won our "final" this season by making sure we finished top 4.

Oh no, don't do this to yourself. You've turned into Wenger. 'Top 4 is a trophy'. Now Arsenal are a midtable club.
Reply 66
Oh no, don't do this to yourself. You've turned into Wenger. 'Top 4 is a trophy'. Now Arsenal are a midtable club.

Considering we won the CL and the Premier League a couple of seasons before, I think we know what a trophy is.

What it did mean though is that we've qualified for the CL for the 5th season in a row under Klopp. That gives you momentum and more finances to keep competing for the biggest trophies.

Factoring in the injuries, we've had a successful season in the circumstances to finish 3rd. Next season the target will be again a title challenge and I expect most will predict it to be Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool for that.
Reply 67
Liverpool are favourites for the title next season tbh.

If they don't win serious questions should be asked about Klopps future tbh.
Reply 68
Original post by bj27

Do the bookies agree?
I would have thought its City all the way
Reply 69
If City win the CL, no team can banter us btw.

Maybe Leicester because they won a trophy.

We had injuries FC lost 6 home games in a row including Burnley, Fulham and Brighton.
Reply 70
Original post by bj27

Sorry were we the club that spent £200mil last summer?
Reply 71
I hear ZZ is leaving RM
I didn't expect that Manchester loses the final. First the ESL and now even the Europa League failed. Glory Man United, what happened to you?
Reply 73
Original post by Kallisto
I didn't expect that Manchester loses the final. First the ESL and now even the Europa League failed. Glory Man United, what happened to you?

I suggest you read
The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire; by Edward Gibbon
Original post by NJA
I suggest you read
The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire; by Edward Gibbon

I indeed have a similar book to it. :smile: I aimed at the United anthem Glory, glory Man United. The United I know before the Glazer era does not exist anylonger.
Considering we won the CL and the Premier League a couple of seasons before, I think we know what a trophy is.

*Pats your head*

*Turns back to the other people*
Reply 76
*Pats your head*

*Turns back to the other people*

Not sure who you're turning back to, this thread is pretty dead these days but I guess that happens when the glory hunting fans have nothing to celebrate :colondollar:

Do you think Man City should put up a banner counting how long since you last won a trophy?
Not sure who you're turning back to, this thread is pretty dead these days but I guess that happens when the glory hunting fans have nothing to celebrate :colondollar:

Do you think Man City should put up a banner counting how long since you last won a trophy?

*Nods* Ok

*Turns back to group*
Reply 78
Normally we could discuss the antics of the players on the beaches of Europe and beyond
Reply 79
Chelsea didn't trust the process, bet they're regretting it.

*Nods*

*Turns back to group*

Quick Reply

Latest