The Student Room Group

career confusion lmao

Ive always wanted to go into forensic psychology but i also have a love for fashion and photography and idk what to do, i want two separate degrees but idk if i want to study for that long for 2 completely different subjects, is it even possible?? i mean what university would have both courses?!
anyways there's an undergraduate course ate UAL for psychology in fashion but idk what i could do with that in the future.. pls help!
Original post by leviackerm
Ive always wanted to go into forensic psychology but i also have a love for fashion and photography and idk what to do, i want two separate degrees but idk if i want to study for that long for 2 completely different subjects, is it even possible?? i mean what university would have both courses?!
anyways there's an undergraduate course ate UAL for psychology in fashion but idk what i could do with that in the future.. pls help!

Two very different subjects. Maybe you could do one as a course, and do another one in your spare time. Forensic psychology would make more sense to do as an actual course and maybe fashion and photography in your spare time. Ultimately, you will know whats best for yourself.

look it's your life, but if I'm, to be frank, you should pursue forensic psychology for a career. Sure you may have a love for art and photography, I can't blame you so do I (ac.techie on insta shameless plug I know) but you can always pursue it as a hobby. There are plenty of online courses for fashion and photography, I personally suggest skillshare. hopefully this was helpful, if not I'm really sorry
Reply 3
Original post by acwastaken
look it's your life, but if I'm, to be frank, you should pursue forensic psychology for a career. Sure you may have a love for art and photography, I can't blame you so do I (ac.techie on insta shameless plug I know) but you can always pursue it as a hobby. There are plenty of online courses for fashion and photography, I personally suggest skillshare. hopefully this was helpful, if not I'm really sorry

LMAOO no this was acc pretty helpful tysmm, ill check out ur ig loll
Reply 4
Original post by Nobalitude
Two very different subjects. Maybe you could do one as a course, and do another one in your spare time. Forensic psychology would make more sense to do as an actual course and maybe fashion and photography in your spare time. Ultimately, you will know whats best for yourself.

thank youu
Hm, I would actually argue that if you’re undecided, doing art first and a conversion to psychology afterwards is the better order to do them in. There are no conversion courses to art but there are plenty for psychology. You can do a whole psychology degree for £5k or so at postgraduate level if you choose the right course and you can do this with any degree. Starting an art/photography degree from scratch, however, would cost you far more than that.
Reply 6
Original post by Turning_A_Corner
Hm, I would actually argue that if you’re undecided, doing art first and a conversion to psychology afterwards is the better order to do them in. There are no conversion courses to art but there are plenty for psychology. You can do a whole psychology degree for £5k or so at postgraduate level if you choose the right course and you can do this with any degree. Starting an art/photography degree from scratch, however, would cost you far more than that.

wait this is smart tysm
Reply 8

omg ?! thank you so much!!
omg ?! thank you so much!!

Hi @leviackerm

You might also find this article helpful.

If you want to find out more about this course, you could also attend the next Open Day.

Sian
UK Student Recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest