The Student Room Group

games design

i want to do a level maths and want to go long road what other a levels do you recommended for games design there.
Reply 1
A level computer science i would recommend, i did it 2 years ago and it helped me, (i am on my path to becoming software engineer btw)
Reply 2
Original post by Hjam20
A level computer science i would recommend, i did it 2 years ago and it helped me, (i am on my path to becoming software engineer btw)

Should I go hills then because long doesn’t have a level computer science also what else did u take.
Reply 3
You know when you say "long road", is that the name of the college you want to go or you just want to take the long path, and i did maths, physics and computer science, i wish i did electronics instead of physics cuz physics aint doing anything for me now, it might help me when coding forces and stuff but so far, havent used it
If it’s games design (as in designing environments and characters etc) art would be good. Computer science is a good choice too
Original post by Bhhhghhgg
Should I go hills then because long doesn’t have a level computer science also what else did u take.

I think that is a good idea - Hills and Long are close so your overall experience won't be too different and computer science would give you a good foundation for continuing in a computing-related field.

Original post by Hjam20
You know when you say "long road", is that the name of the college you want to go or you just want to take the long path, and i did maths, physics and computer science, i wish i did electronics instead of physics cuz physics aint doing anything for me now, it might help me when coding forces and stuff but so far, havent used it

Long Road is the name of the college - Long and Hills are both sixth form colleges in Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest