The Student Room Group

GCSE Grade Boundaries November 2021

My estimated GCSE Grade Boundaries for November 2021 for AQA (Mathematics and English Language):

English Language:
Grade 9 - 75%
Grade 8 - 66%
Grade 7 - 59%
Grade 6 - 54%
Grade 5 - 47%
Grade 4 - 40%
Grade 3 - 28%
Grade 2 - 15%
Grade 1 - 6%
U - 0%

Mathematics - Foundation:
Grade 5 - 64%
Grade 4 - 52%
Grade 3 - 38%
Grade 2 - 25%
Grade 1 - 11%
U - 0%

Mathematics - Higher:
Grade 9 - 77%
Grade 8 - 66%
Grade 7 - 52%
Grade 6 - 38%
Grade 5 - 25%
Grade 4 - 17%
Grade 3 - 8%
U - 0%

Scroll to see replies

Those are too good to be true because I would be coming out with all 9's but I hope your right😂😂
How did you estimate or know that gcse english language november resit is going to require 40 percent to get a grade 4
Original post by Progamer265
How did you estimate or know that gcse english language november resit is going to require 40 percent to get a grade 4

Last year (November 2020), you only needed 68 out of 160 to achieve a grade 4 which is around 40%.
So for november 2021 exactly or around how many marks would you need to secure a grade 4 and do the same grade boundary apply if your re sitting in a university or college
Reply 5
So for november 2021 exactly or around how many marks would you need to secure a grade 4 and do the same grade boundary apply if your re sitting in a university or college

The grade boundaries are the same for all candidates taking a paper, regardless of where they are taking it and whether or not they are re-sitting.

Grade boundaries are decided AFTER the exam has taken place, based on how people have done, so any speculation at this point is a waste of time that could be spent practising for the exams.
Exam over
Exam over

Ok, did you sit it, how did it go?
Reply 8
Does anyone know, which year was the biology GCSE mock exam on for the November one?
Reply 9
Original post by elia217
Does anyone know, which year was the biology GCSE mock exam on for the November one?

Whatever you school chooses to use - or they may make up a paper using questions from a variety of years.
Reply 10
Original post by EOData
Whatever you school chooses to use - or they may make up a paper using questions from a variety of years.

which one did they use for you guys?
Reply 11
Original post by Shrubby:)
Those are too good to be true because I would be coming out with all 9's but I hope your right😂😂

**** me

some of my mates got 55% and got a 3A in English Language
Reply 12
Original post by Vulae
**** me

Grade boundaries are very different for different subjects.
It wouldn’t be 52% for a pass on a maths aqa foundation paper I don’t even think it has ever been 52% to pass unless the papers are out of 80 or less than 100 marks , it’s always been 45% ish or 48% for papers marked out of 100.
Original post by Vulae
**** me

Impossible unless it was a class assessment, 55% is a grade 5
Reply 15
Original post by Hello wrld
It wouldn’t be 52% for a pass on a maths aqa foundation paper I don’t even think it has ever been 52% to pass unless the papers are out of 80 or less than 100 marks , it’s always been 45% ish or 48% for papers marked out of 100.

I'm not sure what the relevance of the total paper mark is for a %, but in Summer 2019 you needed 51% to achieve a 4 in AQA Foundation Maths.
Reply 16
Original post by Hello wrld
Impossible unless it was a class assessment, 55% is a grade 5

It was pre public examination

Just Language Paper 2 I think
Original post by The-Smart
has anyone got paper 3 geography gcse aqa?? 2021 plsss

The examinations for 2021 have only just been sat, plus results and grade boundaries aren’t even released yet so the 2021 examinations probably can’t be accessed by anyone yet until January.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
What about for EDEXCEL igcse maths nov 2021?. What do u think the grade boundary to get an 8 will be? lower than 2020 so lower than 65%? or the same
(edited 2 years ago)
okk thank uu who does alevels here?

Quick Reply

Latest