The Student Room Group

friends with a girl underage

I became friends with a girl online, we play online games almost everyday and have became really good friends. We've known each other for a couple years now and she really wants to meet me in person and hang out, only issue is she is 15 and I'm 23. I know it's not against any laws to be friends with someone underage so just looking for some advice on weather we should hang out in person.

Scroll to see replies

it's not illegal, but it is a bit weird and i wouldn't hang out with someone that young, no
So when you were 21 you made friends with a 13 year old girl online...?
I wouldn’t meet them in real life
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84

Yeah it's not as creepy as it sounds, I never knew her age for quite a while don't really ask people their age when I'm gaming but when we became friends she told me her age and I didn't want to just patch her
Original post by Anonymous
I became friends with a girl online, we play online games almost everyday and have became really good friends. We've known each other for a couple years now and she really wants to meet me in person and hang out, only issue is she is 15 and I'm 23. I know it's not against any laws to be friends with someone underage so just looking for some advice on weather we should hang out in person.

You know the expectations, you guys hang out and then form a sexual relationship.

Lets pretend there is no law, would this still be wrong?

Probably still yes, 15 and even 16 year olds are nowhere near mature emotionally/mentally, they change so much after 16.

If she was 17 I'd encourage you to go for it, but as of now I would stay friends and ideally date elsewhere.
yeah I became friends with younger people online and I’m 20. sometimes can’t help it, we just talk about gaming.
it’s a little weird how a 15 year old wants to meet though, think she should be educated on danger... if you’re actually a safe person say that you’re happy to meet only if their parents are there. 15 is hella young u kno
also i wanna ask like are they really 15? cause it's kind of strange a really young person is the one initiating the meetup especially if they know ur older. u be careful too.
Don’t do it.
Reply 9
Ethically speaking no issues with it in my opinion. Practically speaking people might make assumptions about you.

Also safety-wise, I wouldn't recommend any guy to be alone with someone under 18.
(edited 2 years ago)
I’d say in old times it was more normal, when age restrictions weren’t really a thing.. But now in modern society, i don’t think its appropriate.
Dude NO.
I hope you get reported for grooming
Original post by GabiAbi84

Everyone is anonymous on video games. If you ever play any video games online, chances are atleast half of the other players are kids. And the other half are middle aged neckbeards.
(edited 2 years ago)
Don’t meet her for her and your own sake.
I kinda get where your coming from, when I was 19 I became online friends with this girl and she turned out to be 13 at the time. She was hoping to meet someday but quite simply I didn't for obvious reasons. It's just an internet friendship, if there really is nothing going on then tbh it's a better idea to just keep it an online friendship, people will assume all kinds of stuff and for everyones sake it's better you just avoid that alltogether. Funny enough though she will get older (the girl in my case is almost 18 now so if we did meet one day it's a bit less weird), so if you be patient enough she'll be an adult before you know it and people will stop caring.

There is no way you can meet her, she's still in school and you're most likely a uni graduate! People would probably make assumptions, and for your own safety I would advise against it.
Proper weird that mate to be fair, I'd hold off a bit if I was you, let her.. you know, at least pass her GCSEs..

Hey! If you were gonna meet, then maybe meet in a public place or wherever you guys feel comfortable. Meet for coffee, or go to the cinema. There's nothing wrong with being friends :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by miser
Ethically speaking no issues with it in my opinion. Practically speaking people might make assumptions about you.

Also safety-wise, I wouldn't recommend any guy to be alone with someone under 18.

where did OP say they was a guy?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending