The Student Room Group

Re help urgent- test tomorrow

these r some questions im attempting that i know will be in the exam. for the short ones if anyone has some time to write something or previous material then it would be great. and for the long ones if any points/tips to help me to write my answer. i will post the answers later so if anyone could help i would rlly appreciate it

“The Almighty should be the only judge needed in life.”
Evaluate this statement considering arguments for and against.
In your response you should:
refer to Jewish teachings
reach a justified conclusion. (15 marks)

i just want to ask how much would i have to write for this answer. how many points to make and any other tips for the 15 marker
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry, I think you forgot to post the questions.
Yea dude
Original post by meymey:)
these r some questions im attempting that i know will be in the exam. for the short ones if anyone has some time to write something or previous material then it would be great. and for the long ones if any points/tips to help me to write my answer. i will post the answers later so if anyone could help i would rlly appreciate it

Why not revise and not cheat?
Reply 4
Original post by SyedN
Sorry, I think you forgot to post the questions.

ik oops i had to leave urgently. im gonna do it now
Reply 5
Original post by Samavi16
Yea dude

ik i realised now
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
Why not revise and not cheat?

its not cheating bc idk confirmed they will be in the exams i just know the topic is going to be in the exam. also i wasnt in school when the class did judaism and i havent really done RE exam questions before and this test is rlly important so thats why i asked for help. who said i wasnt revising?
its not cheating bc idk confirmed they will be in the exams i just know the topic is going to be in the exam. also i wasnt in school when the class did judaism and i havent really done RE exam questions before and this test is rlly important so thats why i asked for help. who said i wasnt revising?

so I don't do judaism but for 15 markers I would say make sure you structure your arguments well.

For example this is how I was taught:

One reason why a jewish person may agree with the statement...

This is a weak/strong argument because... ( this help with evaluating and helps you get higher marks)

Another reason why a jewish person may support this statement is...

This is a weak/strong argument because...

Finally a reason why a jewish person may agree....

This is a weak/strong arguement because...

In your argument make sure that you include at least one teaching or quote, even if you can't remember the quote fully as long as you can refer back to it then your examiner will accept it

Then argue the other side

One reason why a (.....)person may disagree with the statement...

This is a weak/strong argument because... ( this help with evaluating and helps you get higher marks)

Another reason why a (......) person may disagree with this statement is...

Finally a reason why a (.....) person may disagree is...

In conclusion...

Some tips:

You don't have to do six points but it would make sure you get those marks

If you do less points, make sure you do the this is a weak/strong argument - my teacher is an examiner and she told us this can help you get higher marks. A girl in my year got 15/15 even though she did 4 points but because she included them it gave her a higher level.

Practice time-keeping for future R.S exams because even ik they can be rlly stressful to stay on time but this is rlly important.

Finally pls pls pls include a teaching it rlly help make up for any weak arguments ( plus it will give you something to talk about) however make sure it's relevant and that its a real quote.

You got this, good luck :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by 12luciemak
so I don't do judaism but for 15 markers I would say make sure you structure your arguments well.

For example this is how I was taught:

One reason why a jewish person may agree with the statement...

Another reason why a jewish person may support this statement is...

Finally a reason why a jewish person may agree....

In your argument make sure that you include at least one teaching or quote, even if you can't remember the quote fully as long as you can refer back to it then your examiner will accept it

Then argue the other side

One reason why a (.....)person may disagree with the statement...

Another reason why a (......) person may disagree with this statement is...

Finally a reason why a (.....) person may disagree is...

In conclusion...

Some tips:

You don't have to do six points but it would make sure you get those marks

If you do less points, make sure you do the this is a weak/strong argument - my teacher is an examiner and she told us this can help you get higher marks. A girl in my year got 15/15 even though she did 4 points but because she included them it gave her a higher level.

Practice time-keeping for future R.S exams because even ik they can be rlly stressful to stay on time but this is rlly important.

Finally pls pls pls include a teaching it rlly help make up for any weak arguments ( plus it will give you something to talk about) however make sure it's relevant and that its a real quote.

You got this, good luck :smile:

Thank you so much this is exactly what i needed xx
Thank you so much this is exactly what i needed xx

no problem glad I could help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest