The Student Room Group

A-Level

Hello all,I've got my mocks for A-Levels coming up but haven't been given much (if any) guidance on how to revise or good study techniques.I am currently studying Maths, Economics and Chemistry. Does anyone know any good tips for revising, or any good websites/videos?Any advice greatly appreciated
Original post by racheldeeney1010
Hello all,I've got my mocks for A-Levels coming up but haven't been given much (if any) guidance on how to revise or good study techniques.I am currently studying Maths, Economics and Chemistry. Does anyone know any good tips for revising, or any good websites/videos?Any advice greatly appreciated

doing past papers and questions always helps. Tutor2u and Ecoplusdal have really good content and videos for economis. PhysicandMathstutor is a good website for both economics and maths. They have revision notes and lots of questions and past papers
I did biology, chemistry and maths so I can’t help when it comes to economics.

With maths practice loads of exam questions, use summary on physics maths tutor to remind you of the technique the answer the questions. If the questions are too difficult try starting with maths genie questions as they are a little easier. If you still struggling with a topic use integral if your school has it use the exercises for practice and look at the worked examples. If you’re school doesn’t have it use a textbook if you’re still struggling.

With chemistry you can remind yourself of the topics using seneca or the flashcards on physics and maths tutor (both require active recall). Then try exam questions - there are loads on physics and maths tutor but sometimes they don’t separate AS and A level so not all the questions in the AS sections are accessible to you content wise yet so I preferred using A-levelchemistry.co.uk (https://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/aqa-a-level-chemistry.html)
Original post by RIF A
doing past papers and questions always helps. Tutor2u and Ecoplusdal have really good content and videos for economis. PhysicandMathstutor is a good website for both economics and maths. They have revision notes and lots of questions and past papers

Thank you so much!
Original post by Hellllpppp
I did biology, chemistry and maths so I can’t help when it comes to economics.

With maths practice loads of exam questions, use summary on physics maths tutor to remind you of the technique the answer the questions. If the questions are too difficult try starting with maths genie questions as they are a little easier. If you still struggling with a topic use integral if your school has it use the exercises for practice and look at the worked examples. If you’re school doesn’t have it use a textbook if you’re still struggling.

With chemistry you can remind yourself of the topics using seneca or the flashcards on physics and maths tutor (both require active recall). Then try exam questions - there are loads on physics and maths tutor but sometimes they don’t separate AS and A level so not all the questions in the AS sections are accessible to you content wise yet so I preferred using A-levelchemistry.co.uk (https://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/aqa-a-level-chemistry.html)

Yes I've been doing maths past papers but wasn't sure if that was enough.
I'll definitely try those websites, thanks!
Original post by racheldeeney1010

Hey :smile:

I would really reccomend active recall- it is proven to be a really good way to remember and apply information.
Obviously, learning styles are different for everyone, but I would really recommend Quizlet! You can make digital flashcards and they get categorised by an algorithm in which need more practice etc.

Hope this helps!
Sian- UoP Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest