The Student Room Group

Is it crazy to obsess over someone I’ve never meet?

Okay so there’s this celebrity that I’ve liked for years now and I don’t like to admit it but I am kinda obsessed with them. I get really possessive of them and hate when they post about their spouse on social media. I even went as far as to block their spouse. I am obsessed with this celebrity but I hate it when people talk about them or when I see or hear them on social media but sometimes I will stalk them on insta but end up crying and shaking in anger when I see them with their spouse. I don’t want to stop liking this celebrity but for some I don’t like hearing other people talk about them. I even blocked one of my friends because she liked a post of this celebrity shirtless. I know it’s wrong but I can’t help it, I don’t know if it makes me crazy that I’m so possessive over this celebrity but I do know that it isn’t healthy. However, I don’t want to stop not liking them as I know I would keep coming back but i just don’t understand why I get so jealous and possessive over them when they don’t even know that I exist.
It is a bit weird to be this extreme over someone you've never met and known as a person, and probably never will.
Yes.
Yes.
Reply 4
Original post by MelanieB5737
Okay so there’s this celebrity that I’ve liked for years now and I don’t like to admit it but I am kinda obsessed with them. I get really possessive of them and hate when they post about their spouse on social media. I even went as far as to block their spouse. I am obsessed with this celebrity but I hate it when people talk about them or when I see or hear them on social media but sometimes I will stalk them on insta but end up crying and shaking in anger when I see them with their spouse. I don’t want to stop liking this celebrity but for some I don’t like hearing other people talk about them. I even blocked one of my friends because she liked a post of this celebrity shirtless. I know it’s wrong but I can’t help it, I don’t know if it makes me crazy that I’m so possessive over this celebrity but I do know that it isn’t healthy. However, I don’t want to stop not liking them as I know I would keep coming back but i just don’t understand why I get so jealous and possessive over them when they don’t even know that I exist.

Well... it is, yes. But at least you're aware of it, and realizing that you have a problem is usually the most difficult part! Do you daydream often? Does this celebrity live near you? If you daydream a lot about you meeting them and them falling in love with you, you should really make an effort to include a "this isn't real" part somewhere in your head. Maybe try doing a list of what you like about them, and see if there's anyone that you know that may have similar qualities? Having a crush on someone that you can actually meet should be easier and give more closure than for a celebrity. Do you have a partner/ did you have one during these last few years? If so, how did that go?
Shaking in anger and blocking their spouse is excessive, so if you don't manage to deal with these issues, try therapy if this is accessible to you.
Also, it's a harsh reminder but I say this in the kindest way possible: you will never date them. Do not set your hopes up. You will probably never be friends with them, and if you keep being obsessed you will maybe even creep them out.There's nothing bad in admiring them, but this isn't healthy, as you noticed. Maybe you could try becoming the person you admire? If you admire their kindness, or talent, or beauty, then try to be more kind, work hard on your passions, or try to glow up (by changing your clothes/makeup style/working out for example). It is more likely for you to become a celebrity that others will admire, so maybe this could become you new "goal" if you feel like it?
Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by MelanieB5737

How old are you, who is the celebrity and when did your interest in them start?
Original post by Kerzen
How old are you, who is the celebrity and when did your interest in them start?

... ... Why on earth do you probe these things? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest