The Student Room Group

Poverty and health.

Please can anyone help me in part 1.2 and 2? Have so many notes I’m not sure what goes in what bit. The questions are so similar

Explain how Social Scientists’ research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health

Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Hippichicki1
Please can anyone help me in part 1.2 and 2? Have so many notes I’m not sure what goes in what bit. The questions are so simular

Parts 1.2 and 2 of what?
What is/are the question(s)?
Oh yes that would help!

Explain how Social Scientists’ research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health.

Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.
Reply 3
Oh yes that would help!

Explain how Social Scientists’ research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health.

Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances

Yes this is a bit tricky!
So the first one is like, for example, social science research has shown that poverty = can't afford decent food = not eating very much or very healthily = poorer health; initiatives = things like Marcus Rashford pushing bettering the free school meals scheme.
Not sure where to go with the 2nd one without repeating the first though.
Original post by Emily_B
Yes this is a bit tricky!
So the first one is like, for example, social science research has shown that poverty = can't afford decent food = not eating very much or very healthily = poorer health; initiatives = things like Marcus Rashford pushing bettering the free school meals scheme.
Not sure where to go with the 2nd one without repeating the first though.

How are you doing with this module, I've just started it and totally confused. Any tips?
Reply 5
Original post by DoggieGirl
How are you doing with this module, I've just started it and totally confused. Any tips?

I've not done this module - I'm a registered nurse providing advice for students on here. Ask OP.
Oh yes that would help!

Hi just wondered how you are doing with this module, I've just started it and totally confused. Any tips?
Reply 8
Anyone finished this unit and able to give me some help 🙏🏻🙌🏻
Original post by gemmam08
Anyone finished this unit and able to give me some help 🙏🏻🙌🏻

Have you got any further with this unit? I am still stuck and considering jacking in the course at this point, 4 weeks in to this unit and made 0 progress.
Reply 10
Original post by DoggieGirl

I just submitted mine yesterday and got it back saying i didnt do it on journal format now i dont know what to do.
Original post by Aj0198
I just submitted mine yesterday and got it back saying i didnt do it on journal format now i dont know what to do.

Did they mention if the content was correct? I’m due to submit mine but happy to look over yours and give advise on layout if that helps?
Reply 12
Did they mention if the content was correct? I’m due to submit mine but happy to look over yours and give advise on layout if that helps?

no they didnt just returned it saying not a right layout. i just resubmitted it so good luck to me
Anyone please I really need help with the last section * Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.
Anyone please I really need help with the last section * Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.

Any luck with the "Explain how Social Scientists’ research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health." No idea where to start
Anyone just finished the unit can help please?
I am looking for unit 17 and 21.
I just finished all other I can swap academic work.
Original post by Sofiasequeira12
Anyone just finished the unit can help please?
I am looking for unit 17 and 21.
I just finished all other I can swap academic work.

Hi, I finish unit 17 but stuck in unit 18 ):

Spoiler

I sent this unit for two times and the tutor said need to complete question 2 and 3,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending