The Student Room Group

A levels at 20/21

Hi guys. I want to get into college and do some a levels . I think I’m ready for it now. I tried to do a course a few years ago but I was in a homeless hostel and just wasn’t in the right place.

My issue is I don’t have the grades to get into the courses I want to do. I want to do chemistry , biology , physics with the hopes of doing pharmacology in university.

In school they didn’t let me do Chem bio and physics as separate subjects , I did applied science , it was all coursework and they lost half my work and just told me I didn’t do it! This left me with getting an overall D. With maths I got a D and numeracy I got a C.

Is there a way to get into the courses I want or am I ****ed?
Original post by May0nnaise
Hi guys. I want to get into college and do some a levels . I think I’m ready for it now. I tried to do a course a few years ago but I was in a homeless hostel and just wasn’t in the right place.

My issue is I don’t have the grades to get into the courses I want to do. I want to do chemistry , biology , physics with the hopes of doing pharmacology in university.

In school they didn’t let me do Chem bio and physics as separate subjects , I did applied science , it was all coursework and they lost half my work and just told me I didn’t do it! This left me with getting an overall D. With maths I got a D and numeracy I got a C.

Is there a way to get into the courses I want or am I ****ed?

Hi, not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is a pharmacology degree with a foundation year at University of West London. You can get in with lower A-Level grades than a course without the foundation year. I'll link it below :smile: https://www.uwl.ac.uk/course/undergraduate/pharmacology-foundation-year?start=266&option=33
Original post by average_human
Hi, not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is a pharmacology degree with a foundation year at University of West London. You can get in with lower A-Level grades than a course without the foundation year. I'll link it below :smile: https://www.uwl.ac.uk/course/undergraduate/pharmacology-foundation-year?start=266&option=33

ah I realise you were asking about sixth form not uni. Maybe try emailing them/arranging a meeting and explaining your future career plans and what happened with your applied science grade (how they basically lost half of your work-not fair!) and why you want to do those A-Levels?

hope this helps :smile:
Also maybe look at doing Applied Science (which is equivalent to 2 A Levels). I think you can still do pharmacology with this

Quick Reply

Latest