The Student Room Group

Terrified for upcoming Year 12 exams 😣

I really need the predicted grades (AAB) or else I'm done for! However, I cannot stop panicking. I really dunno whether my methods are working or not.

Scroll to see replies

Bump!
Reply 2
Terrified? Panicking? It's just an exams ffs, stop overreacting
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Amarjit.
Terrified? Panicking? It's just an exam ffs, stop overreacting

Predicted grades. If I do not meet the requirements, then I cannot get into the Universities I prefer.
Reply 4
Original post by Oceanwater
Predicted grades. If I do not meet the requirements, then I cannot get into the Universities I prefer.

It's common for people not to go to the universities they prefer, it's not the end of the world like at the end of the day university is university so stop making it so dramatic
It's common for people not to go to the universities they prefer, it's not the end of the world like at the end of the day university is university so stop making it so dramatic

Yeah but this is really important to me; the Universities are extremely important because of the career path I want to take. Thank you for trying to help though, I will get back to work now.
Reply 6
Yeah but this is really important to me; the Universities are extremely important because of the career path I want to take. Thank you for trying to help though, I will get back to work now.

You just have to change your career path if you don't get the grades like there's nothing wrong with that.

If you're not actually a troll and this is all genuine, then you have an unhealthy obsession and you need to get help for it.
You just have to change your career path if you don't get the grades like there's nothing wrong with that.

If you're not actually a troll and this is all genuine, then you have an unhealthy obsession and you need to get help for it.

No, I am not a troll. I do not have an obsession with grades, I just know what path I want to take and how to get there so of course, I am going to be anxious about this.
Reply 8
No, I am not a troll. I do not have an obsession with grades, I just know what path I want to take and how to get there so of course, I am going to be anxious about this.

You are "panicking" and "terrified" about these exams so I think it is possible you are. This is not healthy. It's normal to maybe feel a bit nervous just before the exam but being terrified and panicking that's not healthy. You need to seek help if this is real
If you really want help, it would be preferable to tell us what this career path is (and what unis yr thinking of for said career path), as well as the subjects you do so that we can get a better idea how to help you, plus offering advice on the career path you've chosen (if there's other ways to get there you haven't thought of, if there are similar jobs/degrees that require lower grades etc.)
Original post by JustSomeGuy:/
If you really want help, it would be preferable to tell us what this career path is (and what unis yr thinking of for said career path), as well as the subjects you do so that we can get a better idea how to help you, plus offering advice on the career path you've chosen (if there's other ways to get there you haven't thought of, if there are similar jobs/degrees that require lower grades etc.)

Okay, I will PM you.
Terrified? Panicking? It's just an exams ffs, stop overreacting

:biggrin: it's normal to be terrified about exams especially when you're aiming high, sorry to call you out on this but you're definitely going to Leeds with that attitude
Original post by minastayingover
og douche wtf :biggrin: it's normal to be terrified about exams especially when you're aiming high, sorry to call you out on this but you're definitely going to Leeds with that attitude

yoooo whats wrong with leeds???
I really need the predicted grades (AAB) or else I'm done for! However, I cannot stop panicking. I really dunno whether my methods are working or not.

Your A-level/A2/ Year2 grades are way more important. I am in year 1 and from what I understood, Some universities might let you off if you get lower predicted grades. Also if no uni accepts your lower predicted grade (if you do get a lower grade), you can re apply after year 2 when you get your actual/final grade but that means you will have 1 year break.

Honestly I am also panicking and basically failing 2 out of 3 of my subjects. I never sat a proper test so I don't really have a proper method to revise and my end of year tests started today :/
I know how you feel! Just revise and do your best, sometimes your predicted grades are based on how much your teacher thinks you’ll improve from mocks to a-level. I wish you the best of luck :smile:
By the way, I have already done them.
By the way, I have already done them.

Hope the exams went well 😊
Original post by GCSE_Rockstar32
Hope the exams went well 😊

Thank you!
Reply 18
Honestly the year 12 exams are not the end of the world. Unlike what some unhelpful people have claimed on this thread, they are important, and it is good that you are motivated and want to do well on them - you're already in a better place than 90% of other students just based on that. But don't worry if you feel your results don't best represent your ability, that's what the mocks are there for. Consider them less as UCAS-deciders, but more as a progress test that makes sure you know how to revise well for the future. Don't worry, everyone does 'badly' on year 12 exams, and ignore the Amarjit guy.
I wouldn't worry about mocks in year 12. I failed mine, but I passed the real a levels and got into my first choice university. You've still got another year to revise and prepare :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest