The Student Room Group

Chemistry Revision?

I need to get my grade up for chemistry as i want to take it for a level and im only on grade 4/5. I have a test on tuesday and just wondering how do i revise for it? Ik that everyone says to do loads of past papers but what sort of things can i do before i do a past paper. Reading over things doesn't really go in.
If you look up your specification for GCSE Chemistry, you can use it as a checklist when revising. It also helps you make sure you haven't missed anything out. Also, I would recommend using the websites (Physics & Maths Tutor) and (Save my Exams). Make sure you don't only use one website/revision guide when revising because sometimes one will lack detail that you can get from the other. Past papers are useful, but for me, just going over my flashcards was the best thing for last minute revision.
Reply 2
Original post by _Robyn_
I need to get my grade up for chemistry as i want to take it for a level and im only on grade 4/5. I have a test on tuesday and just wondering how do i revise for it? Ik that everyone says to do loads of past papers but what sort of things can i do before i do a past paper. Reading over things doesn't really go in.

Sometimes, somebody has to say the thing you don't want to hear. I don't think you'll cope with A level chemistry if at the end of (I assume) year 11 you're only on a 4/5.

I obviously don't know you from Adam and have no idea of your circumstances or your aptitude, so you can take my advice with as big a pinch of salt as you like. But think seriously about starting the course. I have taught students who got C or D under the old GCSE system and they all could not cope. You may be different?
Reply 3
Original post by Pigster
Sometimes, somebody has to say the thing you don't want to hear. I don't think you'll cope with A level chemistry if at the end of (I assume) year 11 you're only on a 4/5.

I obviously don't know you from Adam and have no idea of your circumstances or your aptitude, so you can take my advice with as big a pinch of salt as you like. But think seriously about starting the course. I have taught students who got C or D under the old GCSE system and they all could not cope. You may be different?

Ye thx im only gonna take it for a level if i do well in my gcses. I wanna go into forensics so the course i wanna do at uni needs chemistry so ye :/
Original post by _Robyn_

https://chemrevise.org/revision-guides/
Use this website and make concise notes/flash cards or mind maps, because by rearranging the information and taking it in and reformatting it it will stick. You could also print the pages you need and highlight over them key words.

Quick Reply

Latest