The Student Room Group

Access to HE Nursing Unit 18

It’s called poverty and health, but stuck on where to start especially with the study material that is provided being very long winded. Anyone done this unit yet? Would be great to see an example from someone to base my own on as I feel looking at someone else’s always helps me understand what the question is asking!

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did u get on? I’m just starting and confused which approaches they want us to discuss?? Micro and macro, agency or structural or sociological and political?
Reply 2
Hi, I am currently doing access to the HE course and am on Unit 4: Preparing a Written Assignment could somebody help me with this that has already completed it please, I'd be very grateful.
Hi, did you get any help with this unit or make any progress yourself? Im struggling with this unit also and think it would be helpful to see an example to get my head around it.

Original post by Tamsinalexa
It’s called poverty and health, but stuck on where to start especially with the study material that is provided being very long winded. Anyone done this unit yet? Would be great to see an example from someone to base my own on as I feel looking at someone else’s always helps me understand what the question is asking!

Thank you!
Original post by Gemmahannah11
Hi, did you get any help with this unit or make any progress yourself? Im struggling with this unit also and think it would be helpful to see an example to get my head around it.

Have you managed to do this yet?
Original post by LauraE01904
Have you managed to do this yet?

Hi, no I haven’t. I’m totally stumped. Have asked my tutor for more help and still stuck 🙈
Original post by Gemmahannah11
Hi, no I haven’t. I’m totally stumped. Have asked my tutor for more help and still stuck 🙈

What did the tutor say? X
Reply 7
What did the tutor say? X

I’ve submitted so as soon as I get feedback to make sure it’s what I needed to do I will let u know x
Original post by gemmam08
I’ve submitted so as soon as I get feedback to make sure it’s what I needed to do I will let u know x

Thanks - I need to submit mine tonight. Just the last point I’m a tad stuck on x
Reply 9
Thanks - I need to submit mine tonight. Just the last point I’m a tad stuck on x

Pm me what uve got and I will see if I can help x
Pm me what uve got and I will see if I can help x

It’s just the last bullet point... the political perspective used in medical sociology part x
Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.

Can anyone help me with this I’ve been asked to re submit- the factor I used is social class is this not correct what factors did others use so I can research and resubmit xx
Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances.

Can anyone help me with this I’ve been asked to re submit- the factor I used is social class is this not correct what factors did others use so I can research and resubmit xx

😫😫😫 I’m going to have to resubmit then! Try gender xx
That’s actually really annoying when they use that as example 1 !!

I used social class and got distinction for this unit 🤷*♀️ If I can help let me know x
I used social class and got distinction for this unit 🤷*♀️ If I can help let me know x

Maybe I didn’t make it clear enough 🤷🏻*♀️ I redone with gender and got a merit so happy with that as was a resubmission and at points I didn’t think I would even pass as really struggled with it, but Thankyou x
Maybe I didn’t make it clear enough 🤷🏻*♀️ I redone with gender and got a merit so happy with that as was a resubmission and at points I didn’t think I would even pass as really struggled with it, but Thankyou x

Well done 👏 a merit is still great xx

Hey, I am really struggling with this unit could you help me, please? x
Original post by Christionaga864
Hey, I am really struggling with this unit could you help me, please? x

Yes what area do you need help x
Yes what area do you need help x

Thank you so much! In general, I am okay with the content and overall format but I am struggling to get it down to the word count and really struggling with these two areas:

Explain how Social Scientists' research and government initiatives have provided a greater insight into the link between poverty and health.

Explain how political perspectives used in medical sociology are linked to patterns of health by providing an example of one factor that can impact health chances

Any help or assistance would be greatly appricated x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending