The Student Room Group

Struggling to choose a Uni Edinburgh or York for History of Art with English Lit

Hi, I am really struggling to choose between the University of Edinburgh and the University of York and for me they are on very even terms. I am applying for both History of art with English Literature as a joined degree. I would really appreciate any feedback on which uni could be the better option (and I am well aware of the difficulty with this).
Original post by Mathildajayne
Hi, I am really struggling to choose between the University of Edinburgh and the University of York and for me they are on very even terms. I am applying for both History of art with English Literature as a joined degree. I would really appreciate any feedback on which uni could be the better option (and I am well aware of the difficulty with this).

The degree at Edinburgh is probably going to be 4-years rather than 3-years at York. That may be something to consider.
Original post by Mathildajayne

Hi @Mathildajayne,
it's great to hear you're considering York!
I graduated from York last year and I absolutely loved it. If there's anything you'd like to know about the university let me know.

You can also ask any questions you have to a current student on our website which might be helpful.
We also have blogs from current students studying English and History of Art which might help.
Finally we did also do some interviews with lecturers recently that you may enjoy. Here's the English one and the History of Art one.

Hopefully that will make your choice a little easier but if you have any more questions let me know.
Bea
Graduate Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending