The Student Room Group

A-level Geography Study Group 2021

Poll

Which exam board are you taking?

Welcome to the A-level Geography Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for any assessments or grading that your teachers will be setting you over the next few months.

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support students struggling, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> How are your school assessing you in this subject?

> What are you aiming for?

> How are you currently preparing for your assessments?

Specifications:

AQA - Geography 7037

Edexcel - Geography 9GE0

OCR- Geography H481

WJEC - Geography

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Hi! I’m doing AQA geography :h:

Physicsandmathstutor have quite good notes btw!
OMG thankyou so muchhhhh
Reply 4
Anyone been tested on any 2021 AQA AO materials?
Hi can anyone help with this question (I’m Edexcel btw)

Evaluate the view that successful regeneration always relies on changing the perception of an area (20 marks)
hey hey! I'm doing Edexcel geography!:smile:
I'm aiming for an A/A* :tongue:

also my predictor/mock exams are next Tuesday - paper 2 globalisation and regeneration
SUPER super scared but hope I do well !

what about you guys?
Original post by studyholmes

also my predictor/mock exams are next Tuesday - paper 2 globalisation and regeneration

what about you guys?

Hiya! I’ve finished Y13 now (AQA geog) - good luck with your exams :biggrin: I really enjoyed the globalisation topic :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
Hiya! I’ve finished Y13 now (AQA geog) - good luck with your exams :biggrin: I really enjoyed the globalisation topic :smile:

Thankyou! you're very lucky to be finished! how'd your exams go? hopefully they were good :smile:

alsoooo I'm more of a physical geography gal instead of human:tongue:, but I do enjoy globalisation more than regen haha
Thankyou! you're very lucky to be finished! how'd your exams go? hopefully they were good :smile:

alsoooo I'm more of a physical geography gal instead of human:tongue:, but I do enjoy globalisation more than regen haha

Yeah it’s weird that I’m already on summer hols! They went okay (hopefully), we won’t know any scores or marks for our tests until results day so it’s still a lil nerve wracking :tongue:

Nah human geog is sooo much better :hand: AQA didn’t really focus on the theory side of regeneration which I’m glad about lol
what textbook what u guys recommend for edexcel a-level geo? There are so many
is this also for year 11's who are starting a-levels next year ?
Reply 12

what about you guys?

same here! except I have globalisation, regeneration and superpowers
Did you learn superpowers yet? It feels like the shortest
Original post by lavender14
is this also for year 11's who are starting a-levels next year ?

Sure! A new thread might be set up later in the year but you’re more than welcome on here for now :h: How did you find gcse geog?
Original post by laurawatt
Sure! A new thread might be set up later in the year but you’re more than welcome on here for now :h: How did you find gcse geog?

ok thanks yeah I really enjoyed gcse geography it was really fun and it is one of my favourite topics so i'm excited for a-levels hopefully my gcse results turn out all right !
ok thanks yeah I really enjoyed gcse geography it was really fun and it is one of my favourite topics so i'm excited for a-levels hopefully my gcse results turn out all right !

Same, though I'm not sure how I'll make time for Geography alongside 3 Maths/Science subjects.
Original post by Ice.Log
Same, though I'm not sure how I'll make time for Geography alongside 3 Maths/Science subjects.

I did it as well as maths + further maths and found it a welcome relief sometimes! It also goes well with biology if that’s a science you’re doing :biggrin:

Nice! Fingers crossed for your results :awesome:
Hi guys!
I need to do get my A Level geography coursework done ASAP.

My investigation question is "To what extent does deprivation have an effect on the quality of education and success of students?"

I need to get primary data collected in order to do my evaluations. My two study areas are the Ladywood constituency and the Edgbaston constituency both in Birmingham, UK!

My research is about secondary schools, so I am going to link my real quick survey and if anyone knows anyone that goes to secondary school in these areas or goes there themselves and fills in these surveys it would be a great help!

It will only take 5 minutes of your time and I need to get this done by the end of summer so if anyone can do this, it would be amazing and I would be so grateful😊

Thank you !! XD

https://forms.gle/uS7EKayaBVYYpnwaA

https://forms.gle/yUP9LKQvbuRraHK27

https://forms.gle/XUUC3BrRsLxGijap6
Original post by alg.xx
what textbook what u guys recommend for edexcel a-level geo? There are so many

Hi!! I would recommend the Oxford textbook, as well as Pearson's revision book (the red one) it was really useful for revising.
Original post by josefinaarrieg
Hi!! I would recommend the Oxford textbook, as well as Pearson's revision book (the red one) it was really useful for revising.

Hi, thank you. My school gave us booklets for each topic which are supposedly the same as the textbooks. Do you recommend I use the textbooks or the booklets instead? I don't wanna waste like 30 pounds if all the info is in the booklets anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending