The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Original post by yuodfk24
Do you think what sentence you are going to write next in your head? Or do you just write naturally? So it would go like this:
Thinking: the cat sat on the mat
Writing: "the cat sat on the mat"
Thinking: it then purred
Writing: "it then purred"

Is this how people write?

i think about a sentence, but only hold the first clause, write it down and then struggle to remember the second half :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by geebees
i think about a sentence, but only hold the first clause, write it down and then struggle to remember the second half :smile:

So you do think before you write, or do you just write without thinking?
No, I think as I write and then end up combining words as I write at a different pace to me thinking :lol: (like I start writing a word but then I'm thinking about the next word and end up writing that word in the word I'm writing)
Reply 6
think before i write the first half, then write without thinking for the second half :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Lemur14
No, I think as I write and then end up combining words as I write at a different pace to me thinking :lol: (like I start writing a word but then I'm thinking about the next word and end up writing that word in the word I'm writing)

That makes sense, but sounds like an absolute mess in your head. Are you sure you are thinking at all when you are writing?
That makes sense, but sounds like an absolute mess in your head. Are you sure you are thinking at all when you are writing?

It is a mess :lol: Definitely am haha, that's why things end up getting muddled! Even if it's just a few words ahead
Reply 9
Original post by Lemur14
It is a mess :lol: Definitely am haha, that's why things end up getting muddled! Even if it's just a few words ahead

So you are thinking a few words ahead while simultaneously writing the current words? How does that even work? Can you explain to me?
Reply 10
How many threads are you going to make about this???
Reply 11
Original post by Sinnoh
How many threads are you going to make about this???

I'm sorry but I just want to know if when you are writing are you thinking a few words ahead of the point you are writing, or are you not thinking at all when you are writing?
I'm sorry but I just want to know if when you are writing are you thinking a few words ahead of the point you are writing, or are you not thinking at all when you are writing?

Then make one thread and keep the discussion to that thread.
Seeing as your old account is banned, I doubt the mods will allow you to keep this one for long before banning it too.
Reply 13
Original post by Rufus the red
Then make one thread and keep the discussion to that thread.
Seeing as your old account is banned, I doubt the mods will allow you to keep this one for long before banning it too.

Are you thinking a few words ahead of where you are writing, or are you not thinking at all when you are writing?
Are you thinking a few words ahead of where you are writing, or are you not thinking at all when you are writing?

I answered this on one of the many prior threads that you made (maybe even two of them), so I'll leave you to find it yourself - hopefully, during your search, you'll come to the conclusion that it would've been easier to make a single thread, as you were advised to multiple times.
Reply 15
Original post by Rufus the red
I answered this on one of the many prior threads that you made (maybe even two of them), so I'll leave you to find it yourself - hopefully, during your search, you'll come to the conclusion that it would've been easier to make a single thread, as you were advised to multiple times.

If you can answer it again it would really help me, pretty please, with a cherry on top. I won't make another thread about this ever again, I will put an end to that here.
Reply 16

How many times did you want to know?
Reply 17
Original post by Sinnoh
How many times did you want to know?

One last time?
Reply 18
One last time?

Then have a read through the previous threads.
I'm closing this one.

Latest