The Student Room Group

Year 1 Med Exams Result

I've got my year 1 medicine results coming out in approx. 2 weeks. I studied so hard for it and practiced many questions but found it so hard. It didn't help that I've realised I've made so many mistakes. I'm so petrified and it's been affecting me so much that I haven't been able to enjoy my summer. I've been crying with worry, idk what to do :frown:
Reply 1
i'm not sure if each med school's pass mark is different? :/ - im just really scared
Don't worry, usually medical students are extremely critical of themselves. I am sure you have passed your exams, enjoy your summer because you have second year coming.
Original post by Anonymous
I've got my year 1 medicine results coming out in approx. 2 weeks. I studied so hard for it and practiced many questions but found it so hard. It didn't help that I've realised I've made so many mistakes. I'm so petrified and it's been affecting me so much that I haven't been able to enjoy my summer. I've been crying with worry, idk what to do :frown:

Firstly, your worth isnt based on your first year exams. You have had a really rubbish start to uni life, medical school is best done with groups of friends as it is such hard work. Being in bubbles doesnt really help.
But you can actually not know and get a lot wrong and still pass. You are probably OK. If you have worked hard you prob knew more than you think
V worst case scenario, you might have to resit some exams.
Please dont cry with worry, it will be OK.
Loads of my medic friends [and me] all had an ‘I have failed’ experience all the way through as it is so easy to see what you have missed. [and yet here we are in clinical practice]
Reply 4
Original post by HHaricot
Firstly, your worth isnt based on your first year exams. You have had a really rubbish start to uni life, medical school is best done with groups of friends as it is such hard work. Being in bubbles doesnt really help.
But you can actually not know and get a lot wrong and still pass. You are probably OK. If you have worked hard you prob knew more than you think
V worst case scenario, you might have to resit some exams.
Please dont cry with worry, it will be OK.
Loads of my medic friends [and me] all had an ‘I have failed’ experience all the way through as it is so easy to see what you have missed. [and yet here we are in clinical practice]

Thank u., this year has been very stressful. ill try my best to be positive :smile:
Reply 5
Don't worry, usually medical students are extremely critical of themselves. I am sure you have passed your exams, enjoy your summer because you have second year coming.

thank you, i pray so. and i will try and enjoy my summer :smile:
Reply 6
Just wanted to come here and say I got my results yesterday and I thankfully passed! I can now enjoy my summer without worrying each day haha- thanks for all your support
Just wanted to come here and say I got my results yesterday and I thankfully passed! I can now enjoy my summer without worrying each day haha- thanks for all your support

Congratulations :h: Enjoy your summer.
Reply 8
Congratulations :h: Enjoy your summer.

Thank you!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending