The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens university belfast 2nd year accomodation

I'm panicking about accommodation for next year. I got a room in the elms village but with covid i spent from september to march at home so i never got to meet anyone. Idk what to do, none of my friends are in Belfast and the applications for elms is full for returning students. I was looking at student roost but idk. I'm really regretting not staying up in elms longer at the start, i moved back home because of covid but the main reason was actually bad social anxiety. If everything is back to normal in september i want to be close to the campus because i want to join clubs and societies and the closest house on student roost is a 20 min walk which i guess is okay its just the student roost house is more expensive. I just dont know what to do.
Original post by holly0212
I'm panicking about accommodation for next year. I got a room in the elms village but with covid i spent from september to march at home so i never got to meet anyone. Idk what to do, none of my friends are in Belfast and the applications for elms is full for returning students. I was looking at student roost but idk. I'm really regretting not staying up in elms longer at the start, i moved back home because of covid but the main reason was actually bad social anxiety. If everything is back to normal in september i want to be close to the campus because i want to join clubs and societies and the closest house on student roost is a 20 min walk which i guess is okay its just the student roost house is more expensive. I just dont know what to do.

Hi holly0212,

Try not to panick there is plenty of accomodation in belfast and you will find somwhere :smile:
One of my friends lived in student roost this year and said the rooms are nice but it is a bit of an older crowd, those who didn't really want to live with freshers in elms. Have you had a look on facebook? In the Queen's accomodation groups there seem to be a lot of first years who due to Covid haven't found enough people to fill a house, could this be a cheaper and more sociable option?
When I lived in BT2 there were also people who lived in Elms accomodation for second year so that could also be an option.

I hope this helps,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Hi holly0212,

Try not to panick there is plenty of accomodation in belfast and you will find somwhere :smile:
One of my friends lived in student roost this year and said the rooms are nice but it is a bit of an older crowd, those who didn't really want to live with freshers in elms. Have you had a look on facebook? In the Queen's accomodation groups there seem to be a lot of first years who due to Covid haven't found enough people to fill a house, could this be a cheaper and more sociable option?
When I lived in BT2 there were also people who lived in Elms accomodation for second year so that could also be an option.

I hope this helps,
Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History

Hello, I just joined some groups on facebook thank you. There hasn't been any recent messages put up and I'm just worried everyone has got sorted. I don't know anyone in Belfast so I can't even look for a house with someone. Queen's accommodation is already full for returning students. I didn't know people got houses sorted so early I thought it was all done around this time and summer.
Reply 3
Hey I understand your situation completely covid has made making friends very difficult !! Me and two other students are going to be moving into a nice house in bt9 the lease is from July of this year - July 2022, it’s quite a cheap room especially in comparison to what you would pay for student accommodation (350pm) we need one more flatmate who is preferably a student and up for making friends with us and having a chill house !! If you’re interested you can drop me a PM (Ps. We can call first or you can chat with the other two if it would make you feel more comfortable!)
Reply 4
Hey holly

Original post by Shouston
Hey I understand your situation completely covid has made making friends very difficult !! Me and two other students are going to be moving into a nice house in bt9 the lease is from July of this year - July 2022, it’s quite a cheap room especially in comparison to what you would pay for student accommodation (350pm) we need one more flatmate who is preferably a student and up for making friends with us and having a chill house !! If you’re interested you can drop me a PM (Ps. We can call first or you can chat with the other two if it would make you feel more comfortable!)

Hey holly for some reason I cannot reply to your private message :frown: but just to let you know we have already found another student to take the room, I really hope you get sorted soon best of luck!! You could maybe try spare room there are loads of nice students looking for roommates!
Reply 5
Original post by Shouston
Hey holly

Hey holly for some reason I cannot reply to your private message :frown: but just to let you know we have already found another student to take the room, I really hope you get sorted soon best of luck!! You could maybe try spare room there are loads of nice students looking for roommates!

No worries i think I'm going to get a room with student roost. Thank you for offering me the room im glad u got it filled :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending