The Student Room Group

Wadham summer school 2021

hi has anyone else applied for the wadham summer school at oxford for biology, classics or modern languages? i’m still waiting for a response for the modern languages one!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've applied for modern languages and am waiting to hear back too :smile: good luck!
Original post by ttennitt
Hi, I've applied for modern languages and am waiting to hear back too :smile: good luck!

you too! i hope we hear about it soon :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by eve27279
hi has anyone else applied for the wadham summer school at oxford for biology, classics or modern languages? i’m still waiting for a response for the modern languages one!

I applied for the modern languages one too! Still waiting for a response too :smile:
Original post by dayaw
I applied for the modern languages one too! Still waiting for a response too :smile:

good luck!!
Reply 5
good luck!!

You too!! Maybe we’ll see each other there!
Original post by dayaw
You too!! Maybe we’ll see each other there!

that would be cool!! i hope it gets sent to the right email for me bc i can’t remember if i submitted the right one aha
Reply 7
that would be cool!! i hope it gets sent to the right email for me bc i can’t remember if i submitted the right one aha

I was literally just questioning if I put the right email in ahaha I probably haven’t oops
Original post by dayaw
I was literally just questioning if I put the right email in ahaha I probably haven’t oops

we can always email them if we don’t hear anything!
Reply 9
we can always email them if we don’t hear anything!

That’s true! I thought they’d have said something by now
Original post by dayaw
That’s true! I thought they’d have said something by now

I know! I’m so impatient aha. My guess is Friday
Reply 11
I know! I’m so impatient aha. My guess is Friday

Same! I was guessing either Friday or Monday ahah
Original post by dayaw
Same! I was guessing either Friday or Monday ahah

what do u study at a level btw?
Reply 13
what do u study at a level btw?

French, Spanish and Biology, you?
Original post by dayaw
French, Spanish and Biology, you?

nice! i do spanish, english lit and psychology
Reply 15
nice! i do spanish, english lit and psychology

That’s cool! I’ve always wondered if I was at a slight disadvantage because I don’t study literature frequently, but absolutely adore languages themselves
Original post by dayaw
That’s cool! I’ve always wondered if I was at a slight disadvantage because I don’t study literature frequently, but absolutely adore languages themselves

honestly i’m not much of a fan of reading! weirdly i like reading in spanish but i don’t like english lit. i think u just need to be able to interpret language use for yourself and formulate your own opinions
Reply 17
honestly i’m not much of a fan of reading! weirdly i like reading in spanish but i don’t like english lit. i think u just need to be able to interpret language use for yourself and formulate your own opinion

Ahhh I hope so! I really enjoy reading in all languages but I didn’t like studying it in English but enjoy studying it in french and spanish because I enjoy identifying different grammar structures
Original post by dayaw
Ahhh I hope so! I really enjoy reading in all languages but I didn’t like studying it in English but enjoy studying it in french and spanish because I enjoy identifying different grammar structures

yes me too! i think the flow of spanish is easier for my brain aswell. what have u read in spanish?
Reply 19
yes me too! i think the flow of spanish is easier for my brain aswell. what have u read in spanish?

A few of Pablo Neruda’s poems and around 10 pages of Una Crónica de Una Muerte but I have no free time rn because of mock week😭 what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending