The Student Room Group

ACA BPT June 2021

Has anyone just sat ACA BPT June 2021, what were your thoughts? I found it hard. I would've preferred one of the ones from previous recent sittings.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jay.1.9.9.7.
Has anyone just sat ACA BPT June 2021, what were your thoughts? I found it hard. I would've preferred one of the ones from previous recent sittings.

Found it difficult too- really struggled with time
Reply 2
Struggled with timings, especially Q1. I got a bit too caught up with the redundancy.
Original post by ARAZON
Struggled with timings, especially Q1. I got a bit too caught up with the redundancy.

I struggled with timings. I didn't like the capital taxes question either tbh.
Reply 4
I struggled with timings. I didn't like the capital taxes question either tbh.

I recon I’ll be back in September. It’s annoying because the March exam was so good!

My exam software in March messed up and ended up getting voided. March had an 88% pass rate so I was expecting this exam to be hard.

I have FM tomorrow and I reckon it’s going to be another tough one.
Reply 5
Original post by ARAZON
I recon I’ll be back in September. It’s annoying because the March exam was so good!

My exam software in March messed up and ended up getting voided. March had an 88% pass rate so I was expecting this exam to be hard.

I have FM tomorrow and I reckon it’s going to be another tough one.

I’m hoping the exam is somewhat moderated / scaled.

A friend of mine sat BPT previously and missed out most of the third question and somehow managed to pass despite not feeling confident for it.

Also sitting FM tomorrow - dreading it!
Original post by LexGo
I’m hoping the exam is somewhat moderated / scaled.

A friend of mine sat BPT previously and missed out most of the third question and somehow managed to pass despite not feeling confident for it.

Also sitting FM tomorrow - dreading it!

What do you mean scaled?

I just didn't like the exam at all. I have BST tomorrow which I kind of dreading as well.

I know its meant to be easier but I just basically put most of my effort into BPT.
Reply 7
What do you mean scaled?

I just didn't like the exam at all. I have BST tomorrow which I kind of dreading as well.

I know its meant to be easier but I just basically put most of my effort into BPT.

As in the pass rates stay consistent every year so there must be an element of moderation to ensure a certain amount pass it.

Same with me and FM - big evening of revision ahead…
Reply 8
Found it really weird and a bit of a blur. Remember calculating a PENP for the statutory redundancy question. Honestly no idea what I would have got
Reply 9
Original post by Pn94
Found it really weird and a bit of a blur. Remember calculating a PENP for the statutory redundancy question. Honestly no idea what I would have got

same, the PENP massively through me off and then muddled my way through the rest of the question
Reply 10
Original post by jj15996
same, the PENP massively through me off and then muddled my way through the rest of the question

More I think about it more I think I flunked it.

Had FM today too which was an absolute **** show.
Reply 11
Original post by LexGo
As in the pass rates stay consistent every year so there must be an element of moderation to ensure a certain amount pass it.

Same with me and FM - big evening of revision ahead…

How you find fm?
I hated it, It got me so flustered. I felt like every question I started it and jumped around several different areas within the question because I was struggling to apply anything. I feel like I just didn't replicate the quality of the answers I had been doing in my practice questions. I just feel so frustrated, I know I have the knowledge in my head but it didn't go down on paper.

The exam nerves were real, when I was studying I was reading the examiners comments on silly mistakes weaker candidates made and being like LOL couldn't be me...And there was me forgetting to tax the dividends in one of the questions, can't remember which it's all just a blur now :frown:

I think I will definitely be resitting, will be a miracle if I pass that. On the plus side BST today was totally chill
Original post by rparker_
I hated it, It got me so flustered. I felt like every question I started it and jumped around several different areas within the question because I was struggling to apply anything. I feel like I just didn't replicate the quality of the answers I had been doing in my practice questions. I just feel so frustrated, I know I have the knowledge in my head but it didn't go down on paper.

The exam nerves were real, when I was studying I was reading the examiners comments on silly mistakes weaker candidates made and being like LOL couldn't be me...And there was me forgetting to tax the dividends in one of the questions, can't remember which it's all just a blur now :frown:

I think I will definitely be resitting, will be a miracle if I pass that. On the plus side BST today was totally chill

That's literally the exact same position as me. I woukd do a past exam, then read the examiners comments and I just wasn't making the mistakes they said students made.
So annoying I put alot of work into BPT, I have been doing well with revision then on the actual exam I was just picking a part random bits of the question. I feel my answers had to structure like usual, it just didn't flow.
I am gutted tbh
Was this anyone’s last professional exam? On apple phones it might be a glitch but there’s a bullet point been added on the icaew app for professional level. Anyone else???
Original post by Anon07689
Was this anyone’s last professional exam? On apple phones it might be a glitch but there’s a bullet point been added on the icaew app for professional level. Anyone else???

These were my last 2 professional level exams. I don't use the app but when I log onto my training file on the website it says professional level completed 01.06.2021. Anyone else had this?
That’s what mine says too!
Reply 17
Yep, just sat my last two exams. It shows the same tick.
Same for me.
Same, must mean we have passed surely :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending