The Student Room Group

Uni insurance

Ok so the deadline is 3 days away and I'm totally stuck on my insurance choice. It's between LSE and Southampton, for data science and computer science with ai respectfully. I feel like LSE is obviously a more respected uni but course wise it's new so I have no idea what to expect; Southampton is well reputed for the course but the uni itself doesn't hold as much weight. What would you do in my scenario?
Reply 1
Original post by TastyCheescake
Ok so the deadline is 3 days away and I'm totally stuck on my insurance choice. It's between LSE and Southampton, for data science and computer science with ai respectfully. I feel like LSE is obviously a more respected uni but course wise it's new so I have no idea what to expect; Southampton is well reputed for the course but the uni itself doesn't hold as much weight. What would you do in my scenario?

I'd look at how good the courses were and if they differ in content covered. Do either stand out? Which interests you more?

Personally, I feel like Southampton is the safer choice as it's known for what you want to study and ultimately do. The uni might not hold much weight with its name, but a degree is a degree. That holds weight. It's not a bad uni, and future employers will know that.

Having said that, you just have to do what you feel is best - it's your life! Trust your own opinion
Original post by anon033
I'd look at how good the courses were and if they differ in content covered. Do either stand out? Which interests you more?

Personally, I feel like Southampton is the safer choice as it's known for what you want to study and ultimately do. The uni might not hold much weight with its name, but a degree is a degree. That holds weight. It's not a bad uni, and future employers will know that.

Having said that, you just have to do what you feel is best - it's your life! Trust your own opinion

They both have their own interesting parts and both focused on different areas of study so it's a bit confusing (one more finance based). They're both of course very good but even after weighing up the pros and cons I'm finding it very difficult to come to a decision because I'll be wondering what I lost by picking the other uni. Thank u for the advice tho!
Reply 3
They both have their own interesting parts and both focused on different areas of study so it's a bit confusing (one more finance based). They're both of course very good but even after weighing up the pros and cons I'm finding it very difficult to come to a decision because I'll be wondering what I lost by picking the other uni. Thank u for the advice tho!

Don't worry about what you might have lost - focus on what you gained. Both will be great, and it's the insurance choice anyway so you might not end up at either! Good luck
Original post by anon033
Don't worry about what you might have lost - focus on what you gained. Both will be great, and it's the insurance choice anyway so you might not end up at either! Good luck

Thank you so much!
Reply 5
Thank you so much!

No problem! And today's the deadline as well, so make sure you've decided and added it on UCAS track x
I'm glad I'm not the only one leaving this stuff till the last minute
Original post by anon033
No problem! And today's the deadline as well, so make sure you've decided and added it on UCAS track x

Yep I've made my decision! I actually ended up going for LSE which was definitely a risk but I thought it was a risk worth taking and also because I really love London! But thank you your advice was really helpful
Original post by Jonathanツ
I'm glad I'm not the only one leaving this stuff till the last minute

Haha me too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending