The Student Room Group

What time is the deadline to respond to offers

In UCAS what is the exact time when all my offers will be rejected if I do not respond

Yes I'm leaving it till the last minute...

Scroll to see replies

It looks like ucas have messed up.

Last time they did this they gave everyone an extra week :flute:

Keep an eye on their social media at 8:30am when they all log in and realise someone ****ed up :wink:
Original post by PQ
It looks like ucas have messed up.

Last time they did this they gave everyone an extra week :flute:

Keep an eye on their social media at 8:30am when they all log in and realise someone ****ed up :wink:

What do you mean UCAS messed up? I also haven’t responded just yet...
Original post by SaintSaint
What do you mean UCAS messed up? I also haven’t responded just yet...

Deadline is tonight at 11:59 but ucas has already declined all offers for those who haven’t firmed
Original post by Anonymous.22
Deadline is tonight at 11:59 but ucas has already declined all offers for those who haven’t firmed

Wait what!?!? they have?????

(edit) I just checked mine and they still seem to be there...
(edited 2 years ago)
Wait what!?!? they have?????

(edit) I just checked mine and they still seem to be there...

Lucky you :smile: a bunch of applicants got their offers declined a day early.

Ucas are still tucked up in bed so we’re still waiting for an explanation and plan to put it right from them when they wake up at 8:30am
Original post by PQ

Ucas are still tucked up in bed so we’re still waiting for an explanation and plan to put it right from them when they wake up at 8:30am

You reckon they’ll sort it out?
Original post by PQ

If they did extend the deadline, would that be for everyone who has yet to firm? I’m still not too sure which ones to pick.

Thanks for the quick replies.
Original post by Anonymous.22
You reckon they’ll sort it out?

Yes

It’s a mistake and while they can be a bit useless/daft they’re also not going to disadvantage any applicants because of their error.

Like I said above. Last time they did something like this they extended everyone’s deadline once they undid the error.
If they did extend the deadline, would that be for everyone who has yet to firm? I’m still not too sure which ones to pick.

Thanks for the quick replies.

No idea but that’s usually a simpler solution for them than working out who the error affected and putting a tweak on just those applicant’s deadlines.
Original post by PQ
No idea but that’s usually a simpler solution for them than working out who the error affected and putting a tweak on just those applicant’s deadlines.

So when will we find out?
So when will we find out?

Ucas officially open their offices at 8:30am. Hopefully then but it might take them an hour to figure out the technical things they need to do to fix it.
Original post by PQ
Ucas officially open their offices at 8:30am. Hopefully then but it might take them an hour to figure out the technical things they need to do to fix it.

So they may release a statement at around 8:30 then?
IMPORTANT - UCAS are aware that some applicants had a DBD decision (Declined by Default) entered last night - it is a UCAS technical glitch. The deadline is still tonight, not last night.

DONT PANIC - Your school should just contact UCAS asap to get it reset.
So they may release a statement at around 8:30 then?

Maybe.
Or they might just release an apology at that time and then a statement later in the morning.
Original post by McGinger
IMPORTANT - UCAS are aware that some applicants had a DBD decision (Declined by Default) entered last night - it is a UCAS technical glitch. The deadline is still tonight, not last night.

DONT PANIC - Your school should just contact UCAS asap to get it reset.

So the deadline hasn’t been extended because of this?

You need to wait until ucas release a statement.
Original post by PQ
You need to wait until ucas release a statement.

Oh okay, I was just wondering because that user seemed to have some sort of information regarding the issue.

No - the deadline is still tonight.
Applicants are still advised to get their decisions entered by 6pm as after that the call centre closes (no phone support if things go wrong) - although the deadline wont kick in until 23:59 TONIGHT.
Original post by McGinger
No - the deadline is still tonight.
Applicants are still advised to get their decisions entered by 6pm as after that the call centre closes (no phone support if things go wrong) - although the deadline wont kick in until 23:59 TONIGHT.

Are you sure? Is there somewhere that has confirmed this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending