The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach London June 2021

Hi everyone

I know theres a few threads on the Work Coach Role but I thought it would be good to have a thread on the latest round (London June 2021) just so we can keep track on where everyone is in their application process and if anyone has any questions or queires. I am aware everyone in the other threads is at different stages/application cyle/ location so I thought this was much needed for the June london Cycle.

For those unaware the Nort, East and West London are currently recruiting 200 Work Coaches for each Location and the deadline is Thursday 10th of June.

I am currently working as a Work Coach Team Leader so if you have any questions or help with the application process please feel free to PM.

I actaully started off as a WC and was promoted within a Month so theres plenty opportunity for you to move up quick,

Again if you have any questions feel free to PM me:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I think you have to be 18 to apply. The youngest Work Coach I've seen has been 18.

Original post by misticnutmeg
Hi, would you say this role is appropriate for a 17 year old?
Hi,
How long until I receive an interview invitation? It has been 7 days since they told me I have passed the SJT and that they will be reviewing my written application.

(I have applied in the past however I didn't complete the video interview)
Reply 3
Original post by chicken1235
Hi,
How long until I receive an interview invitation? It has been 7 days since they told me I have passed the SJT and that they will be reviewing my written application.

(I have applied in the past however I didn't complete the video interview)

Didn’t the jobs just come out on the 2nd for London? Or
You must’ve applied to another region?
Original post by Ami121
Didn’t the jobs just come out on the 2nd for London? Or
You must’ve applied to another region?

South London came out a week before
Applied for London Work-coach job. Passed online assessment and was invited to a pre recorded interview. Took interview a week ago. How long does it take for the result to come? Online status shows application submitted.
Original post by Thejovial
Applied for London Work-coach job. Passed online assessment and was invited to a pre recorded interview. Took interview a week ago. How long does it take for the result to come? Online status shows application submitted.

What was the pre recorded interview like? Was it difficult
Original post by chicken1235
What was the pre recorded interview like? Was it difficult

No it wasn’t. Pretty much straightforward.
Reply 8
How quickly do applicants tend to find out if they got it or not after the pre-recorded interview?
I applied for south London before the other areas were advertised. I did my video interview last week and still awaiting results. But I’ve also applied to the east London role which is closer to me, so if I didn’t want the south London role but was offered it what could I do? They’ve placed my east London application on hold till the interview outcome for the south London is given.
Original post by warratz10
Hi everyone

I know theres a few threads on the Work Coach Role but I thought it would be good to have a thread on the latest round (London June 2021) just so we can keep track on where everyone is in their application process and if anyone has any questions or queires. I am aware everyone in the other threads is at different stages/application cyle/ location so I thought this was much needed for the June london Cycle.

For those unaware the Nort, East and West London are currently recruiting 200 Work Coaches for each Location and the deadline is Thursday 10th of June.

I am currently working as a Work Coach Team Leader so if you have any questions or help with the application process please feel free to PM.

I actaully started off as a WC and was promoted within a Month so theres plenty opportunity for you to move up quick,

Hello, Thanks for the update.

I had tried a few months ago and I didn't clear the SJT and later my work coach recommended i attend a Swap training. Now I applied again with the new openings and it says my previous scores will be applied and says 'Your application is on hold because you have applied for another advert in this Work Coach campaign (advertised between 11th November 2020 and 20th January 2021)'. BUT, i didn't apply during Nov 2020-Jan 2021.
I only applied maybe two months ago and right now.

Do you have any advice if I should apply for the other 2 positions as they are not allowing to proceed. How do I clarify with them that I have not applied in the dates above? Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Original post by Juleka1804
I applied for south London before the other areas were advertised. I did my video interview last week and still awaiting results. But I’ve also applied to the east London role which is closer to me, so if I didn’t want the south London role but was offered it what could I do? They’ve placed my east London application on hold till the interview outcome for the south London is given.

Congrats on completing the interview!! Mine is tomorrow, Was wondering if I can PM you about how they word some questions
(edited 2 years ago)
Good luck to everyone!!! I applied for the East London position. Done my interview yesterday.

Everything seems very straightforward so far. So fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by warratz10
Hi everyone

Hey!

Sound exciting! How was you able to get promoted within a month, if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by _HaleemahQ
Good luck to everyone!!! I applied for the East London position. Done my interview yesterday.

Everything seems very straightforward so far. So fingers crossed :smile:

Does the interview go in order
e.g behaviour question then strength? Or do you have to identify which is which x
Original post by heidihanna2
Does the interview go in order
e.g behaviour question then strength? Or do you have to identify which is which x

So it’s Communication and Influencing, followed by Managing a Quality service. Finally Decision Making questions.

It’s 2 of each. 1 asking for an example (STAR) based, the other usually asking you to tell them how you would do something.

You’re given 1 minute after each question shows up.. to brainstorm. And you have 3 minutes to answer each question.
Reply 16
hi there, im about to prepare for the pre recorded interview, any tips will be great, thanks in advance
I'm in the same position just been invited for the prerecorded interview for a North London position. A little nervous as I've not interviewed for a while but confident at waffling in interviews usually... Any tips greatly appreciated however as I've not done an interview in this sector before.
Is it possible to do more than one interview to each application applied
Hi all, I did my precorded interview for the North London location on friday. Any idea when I might hear back about the result? It's quite an anxious wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending