To all teachers :

Watch
krystaloceanx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ayo teachas lissen up!!:
stop.making.the.whole.class.stay.behind.because.only.a.hanndful.of.students.were.not.paying.attention.or.messing.about.

Its not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is partly why I hated High School. One of my Year 7 teachers never did this and it was my favourite lesson too.
krystaloceanx
Rep:
?
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
This is partly why I hated High School. One of my Year 7 teachers never did this and it was my favourite lesson too.
My business teacher kept us behind for 10 mins yesterday and i did not even do anything ://
urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by krystaloceanx)
My business teacher kept us behind for 10 mins yesterday and i did not even do anything ://
Reminds me of the time when I had a different teacher for Citizenship/PSHCE back in Year 8, I was just doing my work for the whole lesson. Teacher next door came into our class since ours couldn't control the class, everybody stayed back for 10 minutes minimum and the two teachers were praising me for my work ethic and behaviour, why keep me then? High school disciplinary methods are messed up, don't miss it one bit, College is very lonely though. Things got better from Year 9 onwards.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah, teachers always do this nonsense.

I noticed that it’s normally because they want to see what that particular student effect is on the rest of the class by making them stay behind. It’s still pretty stupid, imo. I think discipling the only people who were talking will see more better results because the students who were not messing about will know that there are repercussions for them.

If you just start keeping the whole class behind, the good students are more likely to start disrupting too because they are going to be staying behind anyway so might as well join in.

This is like a loop for failure.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 months ago
krystaloceanx
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Yeah, teachers always do this nonsense.

I noticed that it’s normally because they want to see what that particular student effect is on the rest of the class by making them stay behind. It’s still pretty stupid, imo. I think discipling the only people who were talking will see more better results because the students who were not messing about will know that there are repercussions for them.

If you just start keeping the whole class behind, the good students are more likely to start disrupting too because they are going to be staying behind anyway so might as well join in.

This is like a loop for failure.
Hahaha yes very true . Although, they’re teachers after all! Surely they have SOME way to make this work? (Hint- dismiss students individually!!!!!!!!!!)
krystaloceanx
Rep:
?
Reminds me of the time when I had a different teacher for Citizenship/PSHCE back in Year 8, I was just doing my work for the whole lesson. Teacher next door came into our class since ours couldn't control the class, everybody stayed back for 10 minutes minimum and the two teachers were praising me for my work ethic and behaviour, why keep me then? High school disciplinary methods are messed up, don't miss it one bit, College is very lonely though. Things got better from Year 9 onwards.
College is lonely..??!!! Im only in year 10 and i thought it’d get better from here :///
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is an army technique, punish the collective group so they (the group) keep the minority in line.
Jonathanツ
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think this post is for:
Name:  TTR.png
Views: 8
Size:  46.9 KB

Spoiler:
Show
Yes, I just made that in Microsoft Paint
Spoiler:
Show
I'm bored..

urlocalinmate
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by krystaloceanx)
College is lonely..??!!! Im only in year 10 and i thought it’d get better from here :///
It's different for everyone. Everybody will be lonely to varying extents. I have social anxiety, no motivation and only three friends who have different times for lessons and all that (the virus hasn't helped, we now have 2 hour lessons, it's painful). Your situation should be better than mine though.
Kartel hi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Teachers are stupid
Junaki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Once my sister's entire class was given a detention (which are all after school) by her Psychology teacher cuz a couple of other girls were chatting. He was really irritated that day, but like it wasn't fair at all :/
krystaloceanx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Junaki)
Once my sister's entire class was given a detention (which are all after school) by her Psychology teacher cuz a couple of other girls were chatting. He was really irritated that day, but like it wasn't fair at all :/
yeah i hate when this happens x
krystaloceanx
Rep:
?
It's different for everyone. Everybody will be lonely to varying extents. I have social anxiety, no motivation and only three friends who have different times for lessons and all that (the virus hasn't helped, we now have 2 hour lessons, it's painful). Your situation should be better than mine though.
oh no i am so sorry to hear this- hopefully ur sitch gets better x
krystaloceanx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
I think this post is for:
Name:  TTR.png
Views: 8
Size:  46.9 KB

Spoiler:
Show
Yes, I just made that in Microsoft Paint
Spoiler:
Show
I'm bored..

HAHHAHAHAHA gr8 editing skills!!!!!!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (14)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
18.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (10)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (30)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
17.78%

Watched Threads