The Student Room Group

anyone had a bad reaction to the covid vaccine?

anyone?
My Nana was incredibly ill for about 12 hours after, really drowsy, she didn't even get up to make my breakfast! (so really ill)

But get the vaccine
Original post by Jonathanツ
My Nana was incredibly ill for about 12 hours after, really drowsy, she didn't even get up to make my breakfast! (so really ill)

But get the vaccine

How old are you that you expect your grandma to make breakfast for you when she is ill?!

A few people I know had a fever the next day, one person had a bad migraine and vomiting.
I had a skull destroying migraine for five weeks after the first AZ shot. Hopefully there isn't some blot clot sitting in my brain but not quite killing me yet.
Reply 4
Was sick for 6 days ish after first AZ dose, nothing at all after the 2nd
(edited 2 years ago)
I had pfizer nothing but a sore arm for 2 days
The people I know who had AZ however had fevers, headaches and fatigue for a week at least
Reply 6
I couldn't move my arm at all for 2 days cuz it hurt so much. But it weakened every day after that and now I'm completely fine (had it a week ago). A girl at work said she felt really drowsy for a day, she literally kept falling asleep lol

But, please, still get vaccinated!
Original post by Junaki
I couldn't move my arm at all for 2 days cuz it hurt so much. But it weakened every day after that and now I'm completely fine (had it a week ago). A girl at work said she felt really drowsy for a day, she literally kept falling asleep lol

But, please, still get vaccinated!

From what company did you get the vaccine?
Reply 8
Original post by SlaveofAll
From what company did you get the vaccine?

We both got the Pfizer one x
Original post by Junaki
We both got the Pfizer one x

I'm asking it, because I wanna know which company produces the safest anti-covid vaccine for me.
I'm asking it, because I wanna know which company produces the safest anti-covid vaccine for me.

If you are in the UK and under 40, you will get either Pfizer or Moderna

They're all technically safe. You're better off with any of the approved vaccines, over none.
Original post by black tea
If you are in the UK and under 40, you will get either Pfizer or Moderna

I live in the Philippines, so I have a little bit more options than just those two. Sinovac, Astrazeneca, and Sputnik are also thrown into the mix.
Original post by Anonymous
They're all technically safe. You're better off with any of the approved vaccines, over none.

If that's true, I can't wait.
after first one sore arm for about a week
first night tho couldnt sleep, felt hot and cold, fast heart beat
second jab a bit sore arm but nothing much
4 weeks of intense shooting, stabbing, burning nerve pain and numbness in hands, feet and various other places. Started just under 48 hours after vaccine. More normally, also felt extremely tired and on/off nausea for about 3 days. Dreading the 2nd dose.
I ain't having it
Had a headache and was quite tired from 12-36hrs after the first AZ jab, and a bit of a sore arm, but it resolved quite quickly after that. Nothing paracetamol couldn't manage, and no side effects at all from the second dose.
I had a pretty bad allergic reaction to it, so much so they've made me wait an additional 9 weeks to get the second dose. Other than that, the actual vaccine just caused an uptick in symptoms for some of my other conditions but that settled after about a week. Unsure what will happen with the second one, will have that in a hospital in the coming week, but hopefully I won't need to use my Epi-Pens!

Quick Reply

Latest