The Student Room Group

Resit module and Student Finance

Hello, I am currently a first year student at university and I’m scared that I’m not going to pass a module. This module is deferred so I have a chance to resit but that will be in the next academic year. I am scared that if I don’t pass the module now and have to resit, do I still have funding from student finance? I also did a foundation year and have seen lots of information about a gift year and I do not know if that will be applicable for me.
And also on that note, do student finance pay for repeat years if you’ve done a foundation degree?

Thank you
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by thecupcakee
Hello, I am currently a first year student at university and I’m scared that I’m not going to pass a module. This module is deferred so I have a chance to resit but that will be in the next academic year. I am scared that if I don’t pass the module now and have to resit, do I still have funding from student finance? I also did a foundation year and have seen lots of information about a gift year and I do not know if that will be applicable for me.
And also on that note, do student finance pay for repeat years if you’ve done a foundation degree?

Thank you

You should speak to your university student records or registry team to ask how a single module repeat year is recorded with SFE. Their policy will determine what (if any) student loans you would be able to claim for that year.

If the course that you’re on included the foundation year then you will be funded for the length of the course (including the foundation year) plus one gift year for repeats/restarts. So a repeat year will be funded if your foundation year was an integrated part of your current course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending