The Student Room Group

Can ucas offer be changed after you accept?

I accepted an unconditional offer for a Fdsc degree however I am in talks with the uni & asking for them to change the offer to a Bsc ( same course & I already have the entry requirements). Is it possible for them to change this on ucas? Since I have already accepted the Fdsc offer? Or am I stuck with Fdsc & there’s no way to change it?
for them yes, absolutely. at the least, you've got a 14 day period to swap choices, but if you and the university agree on a change they certainly won't stop you
Reply 2
Original post by nicolegrace1207
I accepted an unconditional offer for a Fdsc degree however I am in talks with the uni & asking for them to change the offer to a Bsc ( same course & I already have the entry requirements). Is it possible for them to change this on ucas? Since I have already accepted the Fdsc offer? Or am I stuck with Fdsc & there’s no way to change it?

Yes the exact same thing happened to me you need to ring UCAS and they’ll tell you if you are able to make a direct swap or not (it’s dependant on uni), and if not you contact both the unis to see if they’ll agree to the switch, just call/email the admissions and let them know what’s going on!
Best of luck

Yes, if they approve the change then the Uni can swap your offer to a different course after you’ve accepted it.
Original post by HoldThisL
for them yes, absolutely. at the least, you've got a 14 day period to swap choices, but if you and the university agree on a change they certainly won't stop you

Do you know how this affects student finance? I already used up my gift year? The foundation course is 3 years, the Bsc is 4 years. When applying for finance they think my new course is 3 year so they’re only giving me 3 years.
(edited 2 years ago)
Do you know how this affects student finance? I already used up my gift year? The foundation course is 3 years, the Bsc is 4 years. When applying for finance they think my new course is 3 year so they’re only giving me 3 years.

you get gift year + full duration of undergrad, which should be 4 years and cover the full bsc, but not the foundation

why is sfe making a mistake here? better get it sorted out speaking to them

If your SFE application is for the FdSc then you’ll need to update your application to the new course if your course is changed
Original post by HoldThisL
you get gift year + full duration of undergrad, which should be 4 years and cover the full bsc, but not the foundation

why is sfe making a mistake here? better get it sorted out speaking to them

Sfe haven’t actually gotten back to me yet, but on my application I put the Fdsc not Bsc. Does this mean that if my uni don’t let me change to a Bsc, I won’t get funded for the Fdsc at all??
Sfe haven’t actually gotten back to me yet, but on my application I put the Fdsc not Bsc. Does this mean that if my uni don’t let me change to a Bsc, I won’t get funded for the Fdsc at all??

no
it means that your finance and UCAS applications currently match
If your UCAS application gets changed to the different course then you need to update your finance application
Original post by PQ
no
it means that your finance and UCAS applications currently match
If your UCAS application gets changed to the different course then you need to update your finance application

Oh okay! And there won’t be any issues with the whole gift year being used up situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending