The Student Room Group

What is a healthy calorie deficit?

I am a girl, 5’3 and weigh approx 119 pounds :smile:
Original post by unknown666
I am a girl, 5’3 and weigh approx 119 pounds :smile:

Your BMI is 21.0, so a healthy deficit is none at all :smile:
Your weight is basically perfect, around the middle of the healthy BMI region, no need for that.
Build muscle instead of trying to become more skinnier you will look better that way.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Build muscle instead of trying to become more skinnier you will look better that way.

Yep! Can do this by increasing protein intake and doing workout videos like Chloe ting etc...
Original post by sushieater37
Yep! Can do this by increasing protein intake and doing workout videos like Chloe ting etc...

Replace workout videos with following a proper program.
How much weight are you trying to lose?
Or are you hoping to change your appearance in the form of more visible abs, less visible muscle or create a thicc appearance?
As long as you take in the sufficient necessary micronutrients, it's a healthy deficit in the sense that your health won't suffer. But you need to take into account your mental health and whether your deficit is sustainable. This is why doctors recommend 0,5-1kg per week (approx 500 to 1000 kcal deficit a day) weight loss. Most people can achieve that while still taking in enough calories to satisfy their necessary nutrient needs.
(edited 2 years ago)
Replace workout videos with following a proper program.

However I think it’s best she get some beginners’ exposure before jumping into a programme..
Original post by sushieater37
However I think it’s best she get some beginners’ exposure before jumping into a programme..

A program can be designed for beginners. Doing the same workout again and again from a video with no progressive overload will yield nearly no results.
A program can be designed for beginners. Doing the same workout again and again from a video with no progressive overload will yield nearly no results.

I’m sure with time people eventually learn to kick up the intensity... worked for me 🤷🏻*♀️
Reply 11
Original post by londonmyst
How much weight are you trying to lose?
Or are you hoping to change your appearance in the form of more visible abs, less visible muscle or create a thicc appearance?

I’m just trying to get more visible abs to be honest!

Quick Reply

Latest