The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Psychology (Conversion) Remote Course

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the Postgraduate Psychology Conversion Course at MMU.

Has anyone applied, been accepted?

I am still waiting a response, but its been less than 2 weeks. :smile:
Original post by clueless123!
Just wondering if anyone has applied for the Postgraduate Psychology Conversion Course at MMU.

Hi @clueless123!

Thank you for considering us for your postgraduate study!
The average turn around time for applications can be up to 6 weeks, but hopefully, you will hear from us soon!

Good luck with your application :crossedf:
Carly :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2

Hi have you heard anything back? I’m in the process of applying for September, when are you starting?
Reply 3
I've applied for this course also! About two weeks ago now. Starting September 2021. Fingers crossed!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by R.large
I've applied for this course also! About two weeks ago now. Starting September 2021. Fingers crossed!

I’m sure you’ll be fine 😊 are you studying full time? I will be. Will set up a study group on Facebook too closer to the time.

What’s your plans after the course? I’ve been looking at the trainee psychological well-being practitioner role. 😊
Reply 5
Original post by TerryA
I’m sure you’ll be fine 😊 are you studying full time? I will be. Will set up a study group on Facebook too closer to the time.

What’s your plans after the course? I’ve been looking at the trainee psychological well-being practitioner role. 😊

Ah, nice that sounds awesome. I'm currently doing the Sport and Exercise Psychology MSc at MMU, so just on the project now. Looking towards a Professional Doctorate in Sport and Exercise Psychology afterwards!
Reply 6
Original post by R.large
Ah, nice that sounds awesome. I'm currently doing the Sport and Exercise Psychology MSc at MMU, so just on the project now. Looking towards a Professional Doctorate in Sport and Exercise Psychology afterwards!

Nice one! So this would be your second Masters at MMU? I want to aim for a doctorate in psychology counselling or clinical.
Reply 7
Original post by TerryA
Nice one! So this would be your second Masters at MMU? I want to aim for a doctorate in psychology counselling or clinical.

Yes it would be! Ah awesome -- well hopefully see you on the course in September!

Hey, I applied at the end of April and got my offer last week for the part-time option. I did send a few chaser emails as I was worried they hadn't received my application but maybe I was just being impatient haha

@clueless123!
Hello! I am just finishing my MSc Psychology course at Arden and I thought I would give you a few tips to help;

1) the most useful book for me was Coolican 'research methods in psychology'
2) the research methods unit's were the most difficult for me. In terms of using programs like SPSS to analyse data there are some excellent YouTube videos that break this down for you.
3) Behavioral Neuroscience is not as hard as it first sounds. I really struggle with science based subjects and I did quite well. An up to date text book for this unit is essential as this topic is ever evolving due to more scientific discoveries
4) You can usually do a research project involving qualitative data; however, most people find quantitative much easier

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Good luck with your applications everyone! Hopefully, we will see you all in September :smile:

Carly :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Good luck with your applications everyone! Hopefully, we will see you all in September :smile:

Carly :biggrin:

Thanks Carly! I received my offer a few days ago - just waiting for the offer pack to come through. :smile:
Original post by R.large
Thanks Carly! I received my offer a few days ago - just waiting for the offer pack to come through. :smile:

Ah that is great news congratualtions! Thank you for being so patient with us, hopefully, you will receive your offer back within the next few days. I would make sure checking you are checking your spam/junk mail in case your offer pack goes there instead of your regular inbox!

Best wishes
Carly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending