The Student Room Group

imperfect

I know they need to be changed into the imperfect but i need a little help with which verbs is for which, i managed to do some
1. Pendant les vacances, nous aimer de longues promenades
2. Selon mes parents ils manger toujours des produits sains
3. Dans les années 1980, tout le monde s’habiller de manière bizarre me semble-t-il
4. Je chanter A tue-tête quand il est entré dans la pièce
5. Vous ….. L'école quand vous ……. Plus jeune?
6. On pouvoir même nager avec des dauphins
7. Ma grand-mère …. Toujours a l’ecole a pied
8. Tu aller avec ton petit frère?

S’habiller - to get dressed
Pouvoir - power/ability
Chanter - sing
Etre - to be
Faire - to do
Aller - to go
Se disputer - argue
Manger - eat
Aimer - like
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
How do I change this into the imperfect: Elle ne lit plus les annonces d’emploi
Right so for the verb order I think it is: faire, manger, s'habiller, chanter, aimer, être, pouvoir, aller, se disputer
le pouvoir does mean power/ability, but pouvoir as a verb means "to be able to" or "can"

And in the imperfect: elle ne lisait plus les annonces d'emploi
"lit" is the conjugated il/elle form of lire (to read) in the present tense. The imperfect il/elle form of lire is "lisait"

Also if you go on wordreference.com and type in your French verb, there is a verb conjugator that shows that verb in all its forms in all tenses. I find it very useful :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Right so for the verb order I think it is: faire, manger, s'habiller, chanter, aimer, être, pouvoir, aller, se disputer
le pouvoir does mean power/ability, but pouvoir as a verb means "to be able to" or "can"

And in the imperfect: elle ne lisait plus les annonces d'emploi
"lit" is the conjugated il/elle form of lire (to read) in the present tense. The imperfect il/elle form of lire is "lisait"

Also if you go on wordreference.com and type in your French verb, there is a verb conjugator that shows that verb in all its forms in all tenses. I find it very useful :smile:

I can't thank you enough, honestly
pas de problème!
Reply 5
pas de problème!

Small help please, these also need to be in imperfect but I'll do that myself but what ones do you think fit. I tried some but I don't think they work

Quand ma mère était plus jeune, elle habitait à Paris. Elle aimait beaucoup chanter et jouait aussi du piano. En fait elle parti d’un groupe pop. mon père, lui faisait jouer au rugby. Cependant, ses amis et lui préféraient le café ou …….. Le groupe de ma mère. En fin de compte, ma mère a décidé qu’elle ne voulait pas être musicienne. Quant à mon père, lui il ….. Qu’il ne serait jamais jouer au rugby. Par conséquent, ils sont tous les deux allés à l'université et on fait une licence d’histoire.

Jouer - to play
Etre - to be
Preferer - prefer
Frequenter - frequent
Faire - to do
Voulouis - want
Savoir - know
Aimer - like
Habiter - live
Jouer - play
(edited 2 years ago)
"faire partie de" means "to be part of" so I think use faire for the groupe de pop bit.
the father knew that he would never play rugby, so use savoir there.

I'm not so sure for the rugby/café/groupe bits; it seems like fréquenter could be used for either the café or the groupe. I don't know where the other jouer would fit are there definitely two to use?

the other verbs (être, habiter, aimer, jouer, vouloir) all look good and are conjugated well
Reply 7
"faire partie de" means "to be part of" so I think use faire for the groupe de pop bit.
the father knew that he would never play rugby, so use savoir there.

I'm not so sure for the rugby/café/groupe bits; it seems like fréquenter could be used for either the café or the groupe. I don't know where the other jouer would fit are there definitely two to use?

the other verbs (être, habiter, aimer, jouer, vouloir) all look good and are conjugated well

Quand ma mère était plus jeune, elle habitait à Paris. Elle aimait beaucoup chanter et jouait aussi du piano. En fait, elle faisait parti d’un groupe pop. mon père lui savait jouer au rugby.

Did I do it right?
Yes there is two 'jouer'
Original post by zarahh09
Quand ma mère était plus jeune, elle habitait à Paris. Elle aimait beaucoup chanter et jouait aussi du piano. En fait, elle faisait parti d’un groupe pop. mon père lui savait jouer au rugby.

Did I do it right?
Yes there is two 'jouer'

I think so; I was thinking that the savait could go with the quant à mon père bit?
Reply 9
I think so; I was thinking that the savait could go with the quant à mon père bit?

oh okay. But jouait jouer au rugby doesnt really make sense does it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending