The Student Room Group

How to get a better grade in A level History?

How did you achieve an A/A* in the essays?
Reply 1
Original post by 21savagelover
just do better, dumbass.

You don't even know yourself
Original post by mafia22
You don't even know yourself

Well I am not foolish and incorrect. Do you even know who you're talking to? I'm a ****ing prodigy. I was raised in a private school and got straight A's in all subjects. I later went on to become the captain of the debate team in my high school due to my uncanny gift with words and opinions. I have a masters degree in political science and liberal arts. I am smarter than anyone you will ever know. I have an iq of 250 which was recognised by a professional group of elite scientists. How ****ing dare you challenge my masterfully crafted opinions. I rub shoulders with the richest and smartest people in the world who can make you disappear without a ****ing trace. I know why you are questioning me. You are simply jealous of me living the high life while you suck **** and contract STD's for drug money. You ****ing peasant. You are dirt. Filth. You should know your place in this world already. I'm done with you. I've had enough of your petty arguments and low iq. Im going to engage in some real discussion with intellectuals such as myself somewhere else. I hope that in a few years, you will realise your place and cringe at your old points and worship me and my high Iq. Goodbye.
Reply 3
Well I am not foolish and incorrect. Do you even know who you're talking to? I'm a ****ing prodigy. I was raised in a private school and got straight A's in all subjects. I later went on to become the captain of the debate team in my high school due to my uncanny gift with words and opinions. I have a masters degree in political science and liberal arts. I am smarter than anyone you will ever know. I have an iq of 250 which was recognised by a professional group of elite scientists. How ****ing dare you challenge my masterfully crafted opinions. I rub shoulders with the richest and smartest people in the world who can make you disappear without a ****ing trace. I know why you are questioning me. You are simply jealous of me living the high life while you suck **** and contract STD's for drug money. You ****ing peasant. You are dirt. Filth. You should know your place in this world already. I'm done with you. I've had enough of your petty arguments and low iq. Im going to engage in some real discussion with intellectuals such as myself somewhere else. I hope that in a few years, you will realise your place and cringe at your old points and worship me and my high Iq. Goodbye.

Why would I suck d*ck for money...Fyi I am a practicing Christian not a prostitute. If you don't have an useful advice for a level history, then leave..

Your troll comment is so funny. :colonhash:
Posting to subscribe
Original post by ItsTomii
Your troll comment is so funny. :colonhash:

'Masters degree in procrastination' FUNNY HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHH
'Masters degree in procrastination' FUNNY HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHH

It’s hilarious. Glad you agree.
Original post by mafia22
I'm assuming you actually looking for advice, so my first piece of advice is to not reply to troll posts, and just to report them instead.

Second, which exam board are you on?
Third, do you have a copy of the mark scheme?
Study harder??
go to your local charity shop, or if you have a hospice shop/reuse centre at your local tip, they should have a shop there that gets a lot of books when people have clear-outs/get rid of stuff. Often you will find extrmely good qulity military history/world history books there. I picked up a DK "The Definitive Guide To World War 2" illustrated book about WW2 recently, 50p.

What you will find in these books are a heck of a lot of details which you wont find in the paper thin history curiculum history book you study at GCSE. Aswell as being a really interesting read in general, there are proper timelines and analysis of what was happening in each theatre at any one time. Including these types of details in your essays, which the majority of your peers will skip or not mention as they will only have heard of the popular and mainstream events, can definitely give your marks a huge boost.

I wish I knew about these places when I was younger and had a bit more maturity back then as could have turbocharged my results. Basically you just need to go slightly above and beyond your peers, and spending a couple of weekends going through a book like that will allow you to note down some cool stuff you can research further online.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mafia22

I have no idea under which board you are currently studying. But the way you get an A grade is, perhaps most importantly, by solving past papers. I'm not sure if you are already aware of the usefulness of solving past papers but they inform you of the requirements of the exam in several ways, such as what information you should be searching for, the technique you should be writing in, and the overall structure of your essay. Secondly, if your syllabus requires you to research on topics, spend around 4 hours each day going through as many articles possible to uncover all relevant information. You will need to corroborate your findings with the marking scheme of your past papers to understand precisely what you should be looking for because the internet is filled with irrelevant details. Apart from the internet, I would highly recommend you to find books online regarding your topics. These books may be recommended on your exam Board's website, but I've used completely random books and found crucial information within them. You can find most books easily and for free from z-lib.org. Lastly, take interest. I found that I was never able to excel in any sort of academic study without immersing myself in my subject, my books and my past papers. If you take interest you will most definitely get an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending