The Student Room Group

How do you revise for Computer Science A Levels?

Hello! I do Computer Science A-Levels, and I'm curious how you guys revise for it. I have my CS AS-Level mocks in like 4 days, and my main way of revising is using Seneca, doing some of the questions from the book, and using Physics and Maths tutor to make notes every now and then. There aren't that many resources in my opinion for Computer Science in comparison to most subjects like maths, econ, physics, chem, etc. I was just curious if there are any other more efficient or more helpful ways of revising computer science A-levels, as my method is quite long and tedious. Thank you, looking forward to hearing your responses! :smile:
Do you have access to past papers? Regardless of the subject, doing past papers is often one of the most effective things you can do to prepare for an exam
Reply 2
I plan on doing some past papers, but don't you think going through the topics first to refresh my memory and then doing the past papers will be more useful? I worry that I'll start doing practice papers but not know how to answer the questions and so it could be a waste of time if you see what I mean.
Original post by CyanideX
I plan on doing some past papers, but don't you think going through the topics first to refresh my memory and then doing the past papers will be more useful? I worry that I'll start doing practice papers but not know how to answer the questions and so it could be a waste of time if you see what I mean.

Sure, that's one way to do it. You could also do the past paper as soon as possible to give you a better idea on which topics you need to work on. If you find that there's some questions you don't know how to answer but some you do, then you know which topics you need to work on.

4 days isn't much time to revise, but equally it's plenty of time to both revise the topics to refresh your memory and to do a paper. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, regardless of which way you do it. At this point, you should just focus on putting time into doing some form of revision, regardless of what that is.
Reply 4
That is also very true. I'll start attempting some past papers and will go over ones I don't understand. Also 4 days is not so much, but I stay home during this time so I don't have to worry about going to school or any hw, so at least I have a bit more time for revising. Thanks again though!
Reply 5
I created a website called computerneek.org to help those with a level computer science. It also has past papers section B tips, tricks and solutions.
Reply 6
Original post by atchs
I created a website called computerneek.org to help those with a level computer science. It also has past papers section B tips, tricks and solutions.

does this have everything on the aqa board
Original post by atchs

your section B solutions are awful
Reply 8
Original post by quiznekhuh
does this have everything on the aqa board

not everything but most
Original post by tedkazcynski
your section B solutions are awful

based username
Original post by user903209823
based username

eat ****
Reply 11
Original post by atchs

Bro this is the first time I've ever said something on student room even though I use the app so much but wow. I am actually speechless, thank you so much for this, it's actually so useful
Reply 12
Original post by CyanideX

They gave you what you asked for. If you're going to come up with your own suggestions, don't ask for help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending