The Student Room Group

What type of exercise to lose belly fat?

I’m 5’5/ / 5’6 i fluctuate between 145/150 pounds and i dont have a set goal i just want to lose belly fat. I’ve always been on and off with my weight I’ll go through a stage where i track my calories do really well then an event or birthday comes up and i just forget it… I’ve always mainly struggled with my stomach and it’s what usually makes me go “oh i need to get back to tracking calories and exercising again!” Because it only takes a couple months for me to put weight back on in that area. I exercise at home so what type of videos would be best to lose belly fat and tone my stomach? I didn’t particularly like chloe ting i feel her videos made me boxy!
No one puts weight on by walking and keeping their lips closed.
It is impossible to just lose belly fat, you cannot control where you lose fat, it's more of an overall thing, hence why people always think it's taking ages to lose weight.
Reply 3
You can't spot-reduce fat.
Original post by Surnia
You can't spot-reduce fat.

Original post by Jonathanツ
It is impossible to just lose belly fat, you cannot control where you lose fat, it's more of an overall thing, hence why people always think it's taking ages to lose weight.

I meant to put i know you can’t spot reduce but surely a specific exercise is better than another? Im just looking for recommendation videos i can do at home.
(edited 2 years ago)
eat in a calorie deficit (use a calculator online) cardio will help to lose fat by making the deficit bigger and i wouldn't use ab exercises (this grows that area) but focus on full body weight training as this indirectly targets your stomach muscles and will increase %muscle mass making your metabolism higher.
Original post by evamabel03
eat in a calorie deficit (use a calculator online) cardio will help to lose fat by making the deficit bigger and i wouldn't use ab exercises (this grows that area) but focus on full body weight training as this indirectly targets your stomach muscles and will increase %muscle mass making your metabolism higher.

Thanks so much!!
Reply 7
Original post by anongirl2001
I’m 5’5/ / 5’6 i fluctuate between 145/150 pounds and i dont have a set goal i just want to lose belly fat. I’ve always been on and off with my weight I’ll go through a stage where i track my calories do really well then an event or birthday comes up and i just forget it… I’ve always mainly struggled with my stomach and it’s what usually makes me go “oh i need to get back to tracking calories and exercising again!” Because it only takes a couple months for me to put weight back on in that area. I exercise at home so what type of videos would be best to lose belly fat and tone my stomach? I didn’t particularly like chloe ting i feel her videos made me boxy!

Do cardio oriented exercises more. Ab exercises are fine tho (it's not like your a body builder it's quite hard to get bigger abs, it's gonna burn the fat you already have first lol ☠)

Fr tho just be consistent. It doesn't particularly matter what kinds of exercise you do (it does but just a little bit of research in what kinds of exercise YOU want to do) just keep going and you WILL see changes, small or big, fast or slow :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest